AuthorTopic: Ignition upgrade questions  (Read 641 times)

Offline nielsascha123

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Ignition upgrade questions
« on: May 15, 2006, 13:11:29 »
Hi
Standard Sammy 1300 engine (except for cone filter and free flow exhaust). Planning to get a new exhaust header/branch soon.
Q: Is an ignition systems upgrade worth it eg. multispark module, uprated coil and leads etc. Do they make a significant power or economy differance. Which type or brand do you recommend eg lumenition, pertronix etc. :?
 Thanks

Offline Evilgoat

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Ignition upgrade questions
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 14:12:20 »
Electronic systems will deliver a better, stronger spark regardless over a coil/breaker system BUT certainly my Vit is electronic. It looks standard right up till you strip the dizzy. Theres an ECU of sorts on the vit buried behind the speaker on the drivers side, dont know if this is true of the sammy.

Might be worth refurbing the whole system before you spend loads of money on something else. New plugs, leads cap, rotor and possibly coil. Made a world of difference to mine.

Audi has an aftermarket Luminition ECU and it never misses a beat, never had the OEM unit so I cant compare.
I must confess the the activities of the UK governments for the past couple of years have been watched with frank admiration and amazement by Lord Vetinari. Outright theft as a policy had never occured to him.

-- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

EX HK Police Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD
Audi S2 Avant 360bhp
Transit LWB 2.5di (The Shed)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal