AuthorTopic: General Thanks to Hillfield 4x4  (Read 281 times)

Offline Blu

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
General Thanks to Hillfield 4x4
« on: May 06, 2006, 00:01:00 »
Last week I was in the Brixham vicinity of South West UK,whence I found out my breather hose had decided to vertically divorce itself from the rocker cover,having not immediate tools to hand,and the mindset of replace rather than repair if possible,I looked through the 'Thompsons Local' directory to seek out a source of 4x4 ?Land Rover spares and repairs,there like a jewel glistening amongst the dross was 'Hillfields 4x4' which by a strange twist of fate was less than a mile from where I perched my caravan.

As it was I was dressed more attuned to going to a wedding reception as opposed to a weeding reception and was only expecting to purchace a new hose for fitting later.

Although I never asked the guy's name that owned the place,I was fortunate enough to catch him minutes from closing at 13:00 p.m. where to no trouble at all aided me by cutting the split out of the hose and reattaching it,also throwing in a couple of litres of oil and giving my engine a couple of gallons of truck wash to loosen & clean up my engine.

Faith restored in mankind and star ratings for the service given to a Landrover nut.

Thanks for helping me out.
300 Series Disco.
Elddis Hurricane Ex300
Land Rover Employee.
Current model I'm working on
= Range Rover.

Technical Tip.
Operating a vehicle with just one tyre under inflated by 20% (8PSI) can reduce the life of the tyre by up to 9500 miles, and can increase the vehicles fuel consumption by as much as 4%.

ben_haynes

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 08:50:25 »
have you posted this in the Garages and services section as i would recomend doing this as loads of people look in there to find garages local to them also they might also have great comments about this company :D

Offline Blu

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2006, 08:53:50 »
No Ben,I thought it would get greater exposure here,however if Admin/Moderators deem it better posted in there,then who am I too argue?

Ain't it a fantastic tale though.
300 Series Disco.
Elddis Hurricane Ex300
Land Rover Employee.
Current model I'm working on
= Range Rover.

Technical Tip.
Operating a vehicle with just one tyre under inflated by 20% (8PSI) can reduce the life of the tyre by up to 9500 miles, and can increase the vehicles fuel consumption by as much as 4%.

ben_haynes

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2006, 09:05:11 »
yep we always get help from the real enthusiasts and a load of abuse of the non enthusiasts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal