AuthorTopic: Is it time to panic yet?  (Read 1119 times)

Wolfie

Is it time to panic yet?
« on: May 03, 2006, 13:38:54 »
The wise Mr Webster commented somewhere about saving time to panic when getting a race car ready.

I was convinced that everything was under control. Finish off the fettling of the racer this evening, actually get home for the first time in a week, get my personal stuff ready, get Katy off on holiday, pick up the trailer, pick up the racer, and drive to Clyro in plenty of time. Easy!

Just decided to have a look under Heather to compare something on the racer, to find a wet diff. Where's all that green water coming from? Seems that she has again got the huff with the amount of time that I've been spending on Mathilda, and decided that she would like a new water pump.

Ah well, that'll keep me busy for a bit longer. Just need to go get a pump now.

Regards

Wolfie

Offline Eeyore

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Is it time to panic yet?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 13:55:26 »
I'll give you hand when I get back from work!

Noticed the increase in drips from mine, too........  :roll:

cheers
 8)
Eeyore
Flower: '95 Defender 110 Hard Top. Donkey Power :D

Wolfie

Is it time to panic yet?
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 14:56:26 »
Cheers.

Those wonderful people at Wolston Garage came up trumps again, so I've got the water pump.

Think I'll fit the new exhaust centre section to M next.

Regards

Wolfie

Offline Henry Webster

Attack Member
Is it time to panic yet?
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 16:48:44 »
Yep, I've had one too - a last minute panic, that is! :lol:

Found that the rear radius arm triangular bushes were displaying movement even though they look brand new.  I've had that before in Radnor worn bushes, it makes lifting off at 100mph really entertaining! :shock:

There was an easy solution, though... No more confidnce lifts! :shock:

Got a new set coming tomorrow I think and will fit them before we head down to Clyro.  

When are you guys travelling?

What centre section are you fitting to the blue silly one then?  Std?

H

Wolfie

Is it time to panic yet?
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2006, 17:31:51 »
Quote from: "Henry Webster"
rear radius arm

Got a new set coming tomorrow I think and will fit them before we head down to Clyro.

Hope they arrive in time, but if not, I'm sure that Wolston Garage had some (red & blue polybush) and I would be able to pop over there and pick up a set if necessary.

When are you guys travelling?

I'm aiming to head off around 11 on Friday morning, so will be down there quite early on Friday. The donkey will be heading down later in the day.

What centre section are you fitting to the blue silly one then?  Std?

Just a standard one, the old one was getting a bit perforated. Not sure what we'll end up with once we get the new engine in.

Regards

Wolfie

Offline Henry Webster

Attack Member
Is it time to panic yet?
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2006, 18:08:41 »
Thanks, my dad's picking some red ones up tomorrow (or he may have done it today!) so I think we'll be alright.

The blue ones that I put in it last year (I think just before The Hillrally) have lasted no time at all.  As I say they look fine, which is why I didn't pay them a second glance until we did the final check.

We're aiming to head down on Friday morning too (work permitting) so will see you then.

H

Wolfie

Is it time to panic yet?
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2006, 13:38:32 »
Well, Heather now has her new water pump, there was a good amount of play in the spindle of the old one so I'm confident that that was the problem rather than a bizarre thermostat housing failure dripping onto the water pumo and making that look like the problem.

Why is it that 90% of the old gasket always stays firmly attached to the part that is being kept rather than the one that is going to be thrown out?

Last bits of fettling on Mathilda have also been done, so I think I'll be able to get home and sort out my personal gear.

Regards

Wolfie

Offline Henry Webster

Attack Member
Is it time to panic yet?
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2006, 13:42:44 »
Excellent good to hear that.  See you tomorrow!

H

Offline Eeyore

Attack Member
Is it time to panic yet?
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2006, 13:44:32 »
Good skills, that man.

I'll get her fed and watered tonight.

cheers
 8)