AuthorTopic: How quick did you get stuck?  (Read 517 times)

Offline Andy C

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
How quick did you get stuck?
« on: April 26, 2006, 22:30:18 »
So, went for a little play in the mud the day after getting my RR and.... got stuck up to my axles within about 2 yards.  :shock: Had to be towed out by my mate with his Ransomes crawler.  :oops: Is it a record?
Must get some training on how to drive off road... got all these different gear and wheel options and not a clue which to use when :?

Edge

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 09:06:48 »
:lol:  :lol: Yeah i know how you must be feeling :D  :D , Redlinemike had to rescue me on my very 1st offroad jaunt :oops:
He gave me some great tips on how to avoid sticky problems, which gears to use in which situations, one very scary hands on demonstration was the steep hill engine stall :shock: ....not joking it was virtually a sheer cliff he drove halfway up, cut the engine and demonstrated controlled safe recovery, I honestly thought my time was up :shock: , was expecting the 90 to tip backwards or career back down the hill out of control.
Need TIPS :?:  Speak to Redlinemike among other people :D

Offline sleeplessparadise

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2006, 10:01:43 »
Well I think Johnty first got stuck at Briercliffe in Feb this year, but not stuck enough to need towing so that didnt really count and by then he had his motor a year........ the first time he needed a tow was our great trip to the Dales in April when kickstart had to tow him as he grounded out but you live and learn and as I have done very little off roading in mine and have owned it two years i can honestly say I have never got stuck......even driving Johnty's! but neither have I gone anywhere too taxing  :lol:
Helen aka Sleeplessparadise aka Mrsjohnty
defender 90 Td5 LilRed  SIIa 109 Stationwagon Bluebell
NBH LOC

Offline V8MoneyPit

Attack Member
Re: How quick did you get stuck?
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2006, 14:02:34 »
Quote from: "Andy C"
So, went for a little play in the mud the day after getting my RR and.... got stuck up to my axles within about 2 yards.  :shock: Had to be towed out by my mate with his Ransomes crawler.  :oops: Is it a record?
Must get some training on how to drive off road... got all these different gear and wheel options and not a clue which to use when :?

Not a 'how quickly', but a 'where' moment for me....

Got stuck in our own field when I was doing some fencing, so I had the flatbed trailer on the back too and the ground was a 'tad' soft. I thought it was a good idea to put fence posts in while the ground was softer! And, of course, I was on my own  :oops: Did eventually manage to get out, but at the expense of huge ruts half way down the field  :oops:
Rgds
Steve

"Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real."

Land Rover build:
www.daisythediesel.com

Photos (my other passion and weakness):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/v8moneypit/

Offline dirtyboy

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2006, 15:21:33 »
It wasnt us that got stuck but a couple of months back Fish and I went to Burers.  We got there before the course openned so had to wait until 10.  At 10 everyone headed out into the quarry and by the time we had driven across the car park and round to the lake (about 3 minutes) Someone in a red desco was stuck in middle of the lake.  lol  Water up above the door sills.  If it had beem me I would have gone home after that!  I would have known it wasnt going to be my day!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal