AuthorTopic: Winnie Failed Her Test  (Read 780 times)

Offline Old Warthog

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Winnie Failed Her Test
« on: April 24, 2006, 00:24:44 »
Put the new toy in for the MOT the other day.  Failed on quite a few things, but mostly do-able by myself.  A couple of bits I knew were going to fail, but he was very picky about some of the welding.  I thought the headlight settings might fail cos I adjusted them using Mk1 eyeball and bodge, because the inner bezel was too rusted to be able to do a proper job, but they weren't picked up.

The most annoying thing he failed it on was blowing exhaust.  He's not marked up where it's supposed to be blowing from.  I've been under the entire length of it today and can't hear anything, nor see any soot marks.

The final thing was contamination of the brakes with oil,  I half expected this, because we fitted a servo and I don't think the old cylinders are up to the task.

All in all, not too bad I suppose, just going to take me a bit longer to get her back on the road.

As always, advice and opinion sought.

Cheers

Keith

Offline ukmudmaster

Attack Member
    • Billericay Essex
Test fail
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 18:27:42 »
Stay in there , its worth it in the end. I look at mine the same as you would a mortgage, in 25 years time it will be nearly finished!!!
Range Rover Classic EFI auto, 3.9 V8 Offroader, 300 Tdi Auto greenlaner.
axledeep@googlemail.com

Offline James.Harwood

Attack Member
Winnie Failed Her Test
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 21:20:34 »
Not to bad, [!Expletive Deleted!] about the exhast, they always blow on a series somewhere, normaly where the downpipe fixes to the manefold (regularly get overtightened/unevenly tightened) if they dont the engine is off.

Replace all the brake cylenders as a matter of course, it isnt worth the hassle at £6 each.

Good luck.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal