AuthorTopic: 110 MOD & rock sliders  (Read 1218 times)

Offline Greenlanekit

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
110 MOD & rock sliders
« on: April 13, 2006, 16:48:34 »
Does anyone know if I fit rock sliders, say from scorpion racing or Challenger will they cause probs with the storage side bins, Ive notived the frames extend beyong teh body work, I dont really want to grind them down and cut the doors unless I really have too

Kit
www.o-g-x.co.uk
'76 Blue S3 SWB Soft-top
'41 BSA M20

Wolfie

110 MOD & rock sliders
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 22:38:14 »
I was looking at my racer and a friends Southdown slider eqipped 110 yesterday, thinking about rock sliders, and I think there will be a problem. Mine is ex military with the old style flat locker covers as in this picture (not very clear). The doors extend down below the top edge of the sill. Southdown Rock sliders and, from the pictures on the scorpion site, theirs replace the sill and extend out side the bodywork so you would need to trim the bottom edge of the bin doors. I don't thing the base of the bin is low enough to interfere with the slider.

Will probably get round to fitting sliders to the race at some point, cutting the doors will be no problem as she's been cut about a fair amount already.

Regards

Wolfie

Offline Greenlanekit

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
sliders
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 18:39:03 »
Cheers dude, I think your right, i'll have to cut the door and grind teh frame. looking around the side steps that Keith Gott do look as though they should do the job for me, tubular aswell..
www.o-g-x.co.uk
'76 Blue S3 SWB Soft-top
'41 BSA M20

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal