AuthorTopic: My wife wants a dog  (Read 5657 times)

marjan

My wife wants a dog
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2006, 16:02:00 »
Quote from: "BT-R"
If you want a smallish dog, go for a Westie.  For those of you who know Colin, they are bright, brave, funny, extremely cute and very faithful.  One downside though, being white, they can can look a bit mingy when covered in mud.  Must be because of their short stubby legs. he finds mud when there isn't any.

YIPPEE!, somebody else in Mud Club that has a Westie, I was beginning to think that I was the only one

Offline strapping young lad

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
My wife wants a dog
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2006, 17:16:39 »
Quote from: "BT-R"
If you want a smallish dog, go for a Westie.  For those of you who know Colin, they are bright, brave, funny, extremely cute and very faithful.  One downside though, being white, they can can look a bit mingy when covered in mud.  Must be because of their short stubby legs. he finds mud when there isn't any.

... and bad tempered

marjan

My wife wants a dog
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2006, 19:54:39 »
Bad Tempered??? - mine loves everybody, he is a real people dog.

Offline jolie

Attack Member
My wife wants a dog
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2006, 20:33:04 »
You cant go wrong with a Jack Russell, I have had them all my life, and they have been my bestest friends, great for taking to horse shows and work, they love sitting in the work van/ horse lorry and will keep your feet warm in the winter.

My mother has got a litter due in in about 3 weeks, ( wisbech area) can give you her number if you wanted.  I know they will be great little dogs as my dog is the sire...... :lol:
Jolie

1993 discovery 200tdi

snorkel, diff and steering guards, chequer plate

www.dartonfabrications.co.uk

dew1911

My wife wants a dog
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2006, 09:16:02 »
Quote from: "jolie"
You cant go wrong with a Jack Russell

That's what at least part of ours is, but you do have to remember they are a Terrier, and so can be a bit grumpy, especailly in the mornings.

tenpolequint

My wife wants a dog
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2006, 18:15:30 »
Quote from: "dew1911"

That's what at least part of ours is, but you do have to remember they are a Terrier, and so can be a bit grumpy, especailly in the mornings.

Oh I am used to that, just like the wife.

tenpolequint

My wife wants a dog
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2006, 21:17:27 »
I can annouce that I bought my wife a Jack Russel pup this evening and she is extremely pleased. I will post pictures as when  do take pictures. Thanks everyone for all you tips, advice and especial your own stories and pictures of your own pride and joys.

Wifes happy= everyone happy

tenpolequint

My wife wants a dog
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2006, 14:16:16 »

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
My wife wants a dog
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2006, 19:52:47 »
Ahhhh, bless it :D

Jack russels have to be one of the best small breeds, great with kids, full of fun, always whant to play and tough enough for small (clumsy) kids.  Good choice.

I like Westies too but was put off by the pair that lived next to my dad, they were miserable and mean, they used to gang up on Bracken when my dad tried walking her round the harden, I think it was the owners more than anything as the dogs were turfed out whenever my dad was outside, all they did was bark and yap. After we lost my dad I got the house and the neighbours moved out within 2 months, I don't think they liked the fact the the stereo/dogs/cars parked across my drive and everything else they did to p*ss my dad off were going to come back on them 10-fold, but that's another story.

Whatever dog you have the pros outway the cons by such a massive margin, I hope he/she makes you as happy as ours do for us.
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

Edge

My wife wants a dog
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2006, 20:09:38 »
:D Tenpole, i think you made the right choice :D  I wanted a jackrussel but swmbo wanted a black labrador........we ended up with the labrador.

dew1911

My wife wants a dog
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2006, 20:15:18 »
Cute little Jack russell, ours was about double that size... Shows that ours maybe isn't a "Pure" one...

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
My wife wants a dog
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2006, 20:15:34 »
Quote from: "borders"
:D Tenpole, i think you made the right choice :D  I wanted a jackrussel but swmbo wanted a black labrador........we ended up with the labrador.

Well if you don't want it, I'll have it.  I think labradors are great, just they needs lots of exercise and are prone to being overweight, just like me :roll:
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

tenpolequint

My wife wants a dog
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2006, 20:28:50 »

My mother had a labrador and these are great dogs, extremely intelligent and as for water try keeping them out. And their skulls are so hard and thick always give you a hard knock in the head.

Edge

My wife wants a dog
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2006, 08:51:39 »
Quote from: "Range Rover Blues"

Well if you don't want it, I'll have it.  I think labradors are great, just they needs lots of exercise and are prone to being overweight, just like me :roll:

We may have to give him to you if the job in France comes through. I'd be actually very upset if we had to give him up, had him for 9 months and he's grown on me.

Offline Range Rover Red

Attack Member
My wife wants a dog
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2006, 15:03:07 »
Quote from: "tenpolequint"
their skulls are so hard and thick always give you a hard knock in the head.

Add to that the baseball bat attached to the rear end, ie the tail!  My auntie used to have one and when the dog wagged her tail on me she left bruises :shock:    I think a Lab's tail should be registered as an offensive weapon!
Jeremy Clarkson's worst nightmare - a woman driver in a 4x4 towing a caravan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal