AuthorTopic: MONSTER GARAGE  (Read 3685 times)

vinnie

MONSTER GARAGE
« on: June 12, 2004, 18:50:05 »
did anyone see monster garage on the box last night ????? some nutters given three grand to change a yank tank into a 4WD to challenge the Bowler wild cat to a blast round a muddy track it won cos the wild cat forgot to put his snorkel on and conked out (embarrase us V8 drivers why dont ya )anyway next week they have to make an old rangie fly must be worth a look

Offline muddyweb

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
MONSTER GARAGE
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2004, 19:03:42 »
It was a bit of a giggle... I'll bet Drew was chuffed about filling the engine with water  :oops:

I think my favourite so far was the Toyota Celica they turned into a 50 mph lawnmower :-)
Tim Burt
Muddyweb
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.muddyweb.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline strapping young lad

Attack Member
MONSTER GARAGE
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2004, 09:26:58 »
would drew be as unprepared as to clonk out a new bowler on a water run?

isnt the air scoop above the cab supposed to feed the air intake as well as cooling the rad?

Offline muddyweb

Attack Member
MONSTER GARAGE
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2004, 10:06:56 »
The engine was full of water...  you could hear it.

They (as ever) knobbled the 'professional' on the event... in this case they make a 30m long, 3' deep water run to get through.  For their machine (2' ground clearance) it wasn't a problem.   Drew went in a bit quick, made a big splash and sucked water in.  

He was over 1 minute ahead at that point.
Tim Burt
Muddyweb
www.muddyweb.com

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal