AuthorTopic: Baby seats  (Read 4943 times)

Offline turtle

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Baby seats
« on: June 10, 2004, 14:27:10 »
I'm after a bit of advise. As some you might be aware in a few months I'm gonna be a grandfather, and I'll been looking into a car seat to fit into the defender for the wee one.

Questions are can you purchase childs seats to go on the inward facing seat in the rear?  

Has anyone got any advise on whats best to buy? Makes models etc.

Cheers.

Offline kevinf

Attack Member
CHILD SEATS
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2004, 15:38:12 »
HI THERE

THE DEFINITIVE ANSWER IS A BIG FAT NO

I HAVE MANAGED TO FIT ALL THREE DIFFERENT TYPES OF CHILD SEAT
IN THE FRONT OF MY DEFENDER,AND WILL GLADLY SHARE MY EXPERIENCE WITH ANY ONE IN NEED,BUT UNFORTUNATLEY THE SEAT MANUFACTURERS ONLY TEST THERE SEATS FACING FORWARDS AND TRAVELLING FORWARDS,SO THEY WONT HELP!

GOOD LUCK KEVIN
the shinny blue defender with the winch,checker plate body protection,extra seating and windows
and at this point I noticed the n/s air vent wasnt fully closed so lets not forget the mud stained interior and the water logged kenwood 6disc cd

Offline turtle

Attack Member
Baby seats
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2004, 09:37:32 »
Cheers Kevin, I had a feeling it would be a no.

Thanks anyway.

Offline Mace

Attack Member
Baby seats
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2004, 13:41:50 »
Phil

I've explored every conceivable permutation of kids seats in a 90 believe me. Baby or Child seats in the back are a BIG FAT NO. In theory you should not even use a booster seat on an inward facing rear seat.

Kids seats in the front only. However the baby seat gets in the way of the gear stick if you put it on the centre seat.

I'm going to modify the centre front seat (having removed the cubby box a put the seat back in) by fitting it on square box section rails to lift it up an inch and move it back 2 inches. Our baby seat will then fit on the centre seat and the instructions state a fixed lap belt will secure it fine. The only draw back I can see is the wee nipper's likely to get an elbow in the face when I change into 2nd gear.

The good thing is I can then get both of our girls seats in the front and the WIFE goes in the back....result  :?

Or shall I swap it for a 110 ??? hmmm....
Mace

"What a waste! What a waste! But the world don't mind"

Discovery 300Tdi 3dr

Offline kevinf

Attack Member
CHILD SEAT
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2004, 15:07:05 »
HI MACE

I ALSO REMOVED MY CENTRE SEAT WHEN MY LAD WAS IN HIS BIG CAR SEAT,I ALSO MOVED BOTH FRONT SEATS 1INCH OUTWARDS TOWARDS THE DOORS,AND I DIDNT THINK I COULD GET THE LAP BELT TIGHT ENOUGH OR THE BUCKLE POSITION RIGHT,SO I ADAPTED A GOOD QUALITY SMALL RATCHET STRAP INTO A 3 POINT BELT AND FINALLY
MOVED THE GEAR LEVER ROUND ON THE STUBBY LEVER THAT COMES OUT OF THE GEAR BOX

LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED ANY MORE INFO

KEVIN
the shinny blue defender with the winch,checker plate body protection,extra seating and windows
and at this point I noticed the n/s air vent wasnt fully closed so lets not forget the mud stained interior and the water logged kenwood 6disc cd

Offline turtle

Attack Member
Baby seats
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2004, 16:46:40 »
Cheers for that guys, putting the middle seat back not a chance where would the coffee go  :? , putting the wife in the rear and the baby seat in her seat sound much better  :D  better check out mothercare and see what seats are available and the cost  :shock:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal