AuthorTopic: bl**** stupid car  (Read 506 times)

Offline ade666

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
bl**** stupid car
« on: March 23, 2006, 19:02:35 »
well after replacing the alt and drive belt everything was going lovely until home time tonight. after a year of not working my alarm as kicked in and decided to immobi the whole car. you unlock the doors with the key and the alrm goes off, you lock the door the alarm falshes abit then looks like it sets but same thing again as soon you unlock. try the ign nothing happens. is it the spider thing or something else. central locking still works and so does stereo. just read the last post on immob but it seems more complicated than that

please help as i'm close to buy 20 gallons of optimax and having a bbq
"matilda" disco 300 tdi, blue, x9 special edtion, alisport intercooler and turbo upgrade, tomcat external cage, ome lift.

"ermintrude" disco 300tdi auto es

Offline Damonski

Attack Member
  • Cheshire :)
bl**** stupid car
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 19:52:32 »
Well let me have for the cost of the 20 litres  :wink:

I would guess it to be the spider thing, especially as you were driving so I would guess with the heater providing some warmth, but also heating up the spider connection.

If your about in Cheshire, I dont mind helping out with a little more hands on diagnosis, etc.
--

Damian

Range Rover Classic 2.4TD  | Disco 300 Mpi | Citroen Xantia Activa
plus other rainy day projects....

Facebook Me

Offline ade666

Attack Member
bl**** stupid car
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 20:26:02 »
thanks damo. she's stuck at work at the min in chester so going to try the by pass trick on the fuel stop solinoid whilst i wait for the proper part to come. when is the next cheshire meeting mate and where as i'd like to come along
"matilda" disco 300 tdi, blue, x9 special edtion, alisport intercooler and turbo upgrade, tomcat external cage, ome lift.

"ermintrude" disco 300tdi auto es

Offline Dave

Attack Member
  • Referrals: 1
bl**** stupid car
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006, 20:41:26 »
You have to unlock with the button you can lock with the key if you are leaving a dog inside so the sensor does not come on. if you lock with the button and the dog moves the alarm goes off.
 So if you lock the car with the button leave if for a couple of seconds for the alarm to set its self then unlock with the button it should be reset.
 The key unlocks the door but does not switch of the alarm. :wink:
DAVE
MUD-CLUB MEMBER 333

Disco TDI 1998
 Disco TDI 1993    K333 MUD
 Disco TDI 1994
 90  N/A soon to be TDI 1993
 Series 3 1971
 R33 Skyline GTS-T

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal