AuthorTopic: Difflock.com  (Read 1491 times)

Offline thermidorthelobster

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Difflock.com
« on: March 16, 2006, 09:59:21 »
Just rang them to order a Drainplug for the 101.  I decided to order the slimline version, just in case it gets snapped off on a rock.  This is a bit more expensive, cos the tube has to be hand-soldered.

About 10 mins later they rang me back to say - we've never had one of the standard ones snap off, so you might want to go for the standard one instead.

So they call me, at their expense, to tell me I can save money by going for a cheaper product?  I call that service!
David French
Tree-hugging communist
1999 Discovery II TD5 Manual
Patriot roof rack, QT Services diff guards front & rear, DiscoParts steering guard[/url], Autologic ECU upgrade, 2" Old Man Emu lift, 235/85R16 BF Goodrich All Terrains, Safari snorkel, DiscoParts jackable sills, Warn Tabor 9000

Ex Disco 200TDI, P38a 4.6HSE and 101FC 6x6 Camper.  Africa Trip Blog

Offline TimM

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • Mansfield, Nottinghamshire
  • Referrals: 1
Difflock.com
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 10:53:14 »
I had similar when I ordered some new oil for the gearbox, I'd read on their forum about the improvements people had gained, but there were two measurements for a total fill, so I emailed asking to buy the 'correct amount' for my R380. They telephoned back and asked about drain plugs, spanners etc and were trying there best to explain to me what to do (I thanked them and told them that the garage was going to change it for me while it was in for something else). When the package arrived, they had included FREE AND WITHOUT ASKING some seals and a spanner in case I changed my mind!

They seemed to really have the personal touch (big enough to cope, small enough to care).
Tim
1995 Discovery 300TDi ES Manual (Dave)
2009 Range Rover TDV8

In the area? Notts / Derbys / S.Yorks Pub Meet click here

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal