AuthorTopic: central locking help  (Read 336 times)

Offline THONG BOY

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
central locking help
« on: March 12, 2006, 11:56:16 »
help the central locking does not work on my 3oo tdi wether i use the key fob or the key the actuaiter in the doors and the reciver in the pasenger footwell both look to be in good order from the outside carnt sea any wireing damige either the only other thing i can think of is doing a continuity check to see if the wireing has being cut any were
dose any one have any ideas please
james curtis-dawson tarbet west scotland
200 tdi front n rear HD bumpers, 12000lb winch, rock sliders, roof rack, light bar + spots, bonnet pod, 750/16MTs wolf rims, 2 inch lift,safty devices internal roll cage

dew1911

Re: central locking help
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 12:21:07 »
Quote from: "curtis84"
help the central locking does not work on my 3oo tdi wether i use the key fob or the key the actuaiter in the doors and the reciver in the pasenger footwell both look to be in good order from the outside carnt sea any wireing damige either the only other thing i can think of is doing a continuity check to see if the wireing has being cut any were
dose any one have any ideas please

Translation into English by dew1911:
Help the central locking does not work on my 300 tdi, weither I use the key fob or the Key. The actuator in the doors and the receiver both look to be in good order from the outside. I can't see any wiring damage. The only other thing I can think of is doing a continuity check to see if the the wiring has been cut anywhere. Does anyone have any ideas please?

Offline muddysteve

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Re: central locking help
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006, 14:01:31 »
[quote="dew1911 weither?[/quote]

I think the 300 tdi has an ECU under the dash that controls the locking

if nothing is happening at all it would point to that if its only a couple of doors not working the actuators are probably shot

i assume you've checked the fuse?

Steve
Steve                www.lanerovers.co.uk    www.surreyoffroaders.co.uk

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal