AuthorTopic: Secure Storage System  (Read 4435 times)

Kev90

Secure Storage System
« on: May 20, 2004, 11:06:14 »
Hello all,

during my ongoing tarting up of 90 and conversion to NAS soft-top, I have been searching for a secure storage system for the back of my 90. My conclusion is that in this country, very few systems are available and they are fecking expensive!

I then spotted the following item on ebay (photo attached):

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Landy Locker comprises a very strong, level platform that fits between the wheel arches of 90 Series Land Rovers (Hard and soft top). Suspended from the platform is a strong, lockable sliding drawer.  Benefits include security, versatility, access to tools etc even when fully loaded, easy to install.

Platform dimensions - 1166mm x 987mm

Drawer dimensions - 170mm x 660mm x 920mm

All steel construction.  Matt black.

Normal RRP Was £395 +VAT & Delvery.

Clearing stock due to death of maker.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, I contacted the seller who told me that the reserve he had set was £250 and that he had 19 full length draw units to sell and about 10 half length draw (which allow the spare wheel to be kept in the back) to sell.

The guy (Tim) is based in Chard, so I popped down and was very impressed with the system, so bought one for the reserve price of £250 cash.

I told Tim that I would post the details on a couple of offroad forums, as I thought people may be interested.

He has said that if people contact him directly and mention that I provided you with the contact details, he will happily sell for the £250 reserve price.

His contact details are as follows:

Tim Jeffery [vat.jeffery@virgin.net]
01460 30207

Cheers

Kev Foster

Offline vtrdaz

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Secure Storage System
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2004, 17:27:51 »
Kev ,
does the platform bolt down or can you take it out as and when you need to?
Cheers
Darren

Kev90

either or
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2004, 12:13:17 »
The system is designed to sit there, held down by gravity. However, I am going to bolt mine down as I do not fancy a large piece of metal hitting me when....sorry if, I roll the car!

However, I reckon 6 bolts should do it, and if you use wing nuts, it could be removed very quickly.

Kev

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal