AuthorTopic: Nirvara views?  (Read 3125 times)

Offline johnknights

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Nirvara views?
« on: May 17, 2004, 06:39:15 »
While I was out in Namibia I couldn't help but notice the Number of Nivara crew cab pick ups out there. Back here I have a long in the tooth Disco, which is sound and I should get another couple of years out of. but with my family increasing from 2 to 3 extra loadspace would be nice, especially for trips and holidays.
The Obvious option would be a defender 110CSW, but with Land Rovers getting ever more technical to fix, and defenders being hidiously uncomfortable, I keep coming back to the idea of a Nivara crew cab, with a truckman type top on the back.
The interiors are far more car like, come with all the whistles like air con, and come in considerably less than a base 110.
So anybody owned one for a while, or used one for expeditions can give me some feedback?
thanks in advance

Offline welshdrifter

Attack Member
Nirvara views?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2005, 09:29:31 »
Hi,
You were asking if anyone has owned a navara for a while, well I've got an '04 D22, basically the same, just with out a few mod cons. This vehicle is by far the best machine I have ever driven. I've had Diahatsu's, Land Rovers and Troopers. This is just a great machine with loads of potential. I've had mine a year now and I've added a few bits like a Pegasus hard top, cd player and fog lights.
If you're thinking of getting one, i wouldn't hesitate. My dad's got a Nissan Terrano SE, that also is a great machine. I suppose it depends what you're looking for.

Offline johnknights

Attack Member
Nirvara views?
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2005, 05:54:35 »
I was thinking huge estate/expedition/green lane machine.
I'm not convinced about rear seat leg room, and the local dealers doesn't inspire much faith as I have been in there 4 times and the most helpful they've been was to tell me there was one in the car park. If thats how good they are when you may be willing to buy a car, what will they be like when they have your money and you have a problem!
The Isuzu/Chevy has decent rear seats space, and the Mitsibushi Spacegear also has caught my eye, as with a kid the disco suddenly seeming small! and the defender is just way to truck like.

Offline LOFTY

Attack Member
Nirvara views?
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2005, 19:13:15 »
If you are thinking of new, wait till the summer, as new model comes out, more rear leg room, more power, and a sweet auto box.
85% OF ALL LAND ROVERS BUILT, ARE STILL ON THE ROAD,
THE OTHER 15% MADE IT HOME ;)

Offline Jim-Willy

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
Re: Nirvara views?
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2005, 23:28:21 »
Quote from: "johnknights"

The Obvious option would be a defender 110CSW, but with Land Rovers getting ever more technical to fix, and defenders being hidiously uncomfortable

Stick with the green oval, Defenders are the DOGS, they're not uncomfortable, my uncle summed up the Nissan the other week, a lad he works with bought one, he called it a Donut, all plastic bumpers and far too round.  Better than the new Hilux though, now thats UGLY
'ear all, see all, say nawt; Eyt all, sup all pay nawt; An' if ivver tha does owt fer nawt; Allus do it fer thi sen.

Offline Jim-Willy

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
Nirvara views?
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2005, 23:29:49 »
85% OF ALL LAND ROVERS BUILT, ARE STILL ON THE ROAD,
THE OTHER 15% MADE IT HOME .

Just seen the above.  HILARIOUS!!
'ear all, see all, say nawt; Eyt all, sup all pay nawt; An' if ivver tha does owt fer nawt; Allus do it fer thi sen.

Offline Gary

Attack Member
Nirvara views?
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2005, 00:47:07 »
Hi there

I drive a Defender 90. I can understand that some people might question the comfort level of a Defender. It helps to be an enthusiast and I have to say. I am & I love mine but I do notice the comfort level of other comparitive 4x4's.

My mate has just bought a Brand New Nissan Nivara Pick-up last week.
It's a really cool metallic copper colour, it looks the biz! I've had a couple of journeys in it now and I have to say I found the ride to be jarring and slightly un-comfortable. I didn't want to say anything to my mate, seeing how he just got it and couldn't wait to show it and take me out in it.........

........after a couple of days he asked me what I thought of the ride?
I said "what do you mean?"..... (I didn't want to be to blunt with my thoughts)

He said, he found the ride hard and jarring........

I agreed with him.

It might be the fact we didn't have any weight in the back to dampen the new leaf springs............not sure, the jury's still out!

I still the truck looks the nutz, well from a subjective view.  :)

He should a bought a D3   :lol:

All I would say is make sure you have one for a week end test drive first before making a decision where space and comfort are of importance to you.

Regards, Gary  8)

& Good luck with your final decision.  :wink:
W 90 MUD

Expedition Defender 90, Td5

is one of my obsessions................

Oh, & my Basecamp/workshop is another......

Offline graham

Attack Member
Nirvara views?
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2006, 00:18:31 »
I had a Disco 2 TD5 auto had lots of major problems with it now got a Navara auto sorry LR peebs it's the best thing i ever did.
I do a lot of mileage and it fits my business can carry machinery, put the pickup cover on and all my tools and spare parts go in and it's very nice to drive.
I have just sold my 2 axel Ifor trailer now redundant.
Nissan Terrano
Land Rover Lightweight
ex TD5 Discovery &
RR classic owner

AbyssDJ

Nirvara views?
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2006, 00:23:03 »
to be honest i dont find our def. 110 unfomfortable at all... and lets face it, HOW EASY is it to fit new seats if you're really that bothered?

buy a defender. you know it makes sense!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal