AuthorTopic: heater problem jeep cherokee  (Read 1115 times)

Offline gate78

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
heater problem jeep cherokee
« on: February 23, 2006, 18:02:12 »
hey guys im sure it is knackered, but i dont know exactly why! My heater was working fine and i noticed a funny burning type of smell which i assumed was the old banger in front of me, and it soon went away. I later noticed that the fan did not work on speed 1,2 and 3, but works fine on 4 (full blast). Heat works fine but its either all or nothing, not to mention the noise on full!  Before i take it for a fix i wondered if anybody else has seen this, and if i need a whole new heater or just bits? is the garage bill gunna sting me badly?

any help appreciated

cherokee W reg.

thanks
Trust nobody, deny everything and EVERY car is a cop car!

Jeep Cherokee 2.5TD

Suzuki SJ410Q Santana - project
SPOA conversion.
Waterproofed electrics.
Homemade snorkel.
Rear brake disk conversion.
Greenway Macho Tyres.

Bassman Paul

re. heater problem jeep cherokee
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 21:58:41 »
Hi,
It sounds like your blower motor resistor pack has gone open circuit.  The fact that your blower motor only works on full speed means the fan is okay.  Chances are, that was the smell you were experiencing as the resistors burnt out.  That shouldn't be too expensive, you may even be able to find one in a scrapyard somewhere?!?!  As for the heater not working, I think it depends on how your heater works.  My Cherokee had a vacumn operated heater system.  If yours is the same and a pipe has come off, then the heater would play up for hot or cold.
Let me know how you get on.  Drop me an e-mail if you want more details.
Paul

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal