AuthorTopic: Land Rover History  (Read 700 times)

Offline Rob

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Land Rover History
« on: February 18, 2006, 20:04:25 »
Hi, anyone know the best way of tracing a vehicle's history?
I have just bought, and in the process of restoring, a V reg. series 3, and I wanted to trace its past.
The registration is GBP 777V if anyone out there can give me any clues.
Also, it has had a diesel transplant.
Is there anyway of tracing an engine's history.  I have the number and I was told it may have come out of a Sherpa van.

Thanks
Series 3 1979 - Safari

Offline MisterC

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Land Rover History
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 11:20:03 »
To get the manafacturing details of your Land Rover contact the British Motor Industry Heritage Trust, Banbury Road, Gaydon, Warks.  I think the number you need to ring is 01926 641188, which is archives.  They should be able to tell you the date of manafacture, original colour, body type, engine type, the date it left the factory and who it went to initially.  You will need to quote the chassis number.  You can get previous owner info from DVLA, but I think you have to pay for the privilege.  Try the DVLA website.  As for the engine, may be more difficult it it's ex BL/Rover, given their demise, perhaps someone else knows?  You'll need to quote the engine number.  Hope some of this helps.  
Regards
Paul
1972 SWB Petrol 2.25 SIII, safari top side windows, Limestone, FWH, 750xR16s, Weber carb, Kenlowe fan, Maplin DIY ignition amplifier and now overdrive.  Coming soon...(cheap) SU carb conversion and (cheap) electronic dizzy conversion (he said hopefully).

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal