AuthorTopic: Vitara with Recaro's?  (Read 863 times)

Offline munkynpunky

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Vitara with Recaro's?
« on: February 08, 2006, 13:24:20 »
Hi Guys,

Firstly, its a 1991 Vitara SWB 2 Door Soft top.

I have bought a set of Recaro's but they dont have any subframes with them as i was told i should be able to use my existing runners....

I removed the Vitara passenger seat and started to remove the runners and then realised, the Vitara seats have a bracket near the door, welded to the seat which the runner is attached to, to bring the runner about 4 - 5 cms nearer to the door and about 4 - 5 cms lower than the other side (as this bracket is fixed to the car)

Does anyone know how i can get a bracket to make the recaro fit the vitara, Has anyone done it?

I've looked and looked on google and eBay for a recaro subframe, but still cant find one....

Any Ideas??

Drew

Offline Foden34ke12

Attack Member
Vitara with Recaro's?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 10:13:01 »
I had exactly the same problem. I bought a set of cobra seats and harnesses of my mate for dirt cheap. I though great... these will do nicely. Went to get the subframes and there were none available. I was told it is imposible to fit cobras to a vitara. Had to make my own mounts for it.

2 weeks later and a good couple of hours graft in the workshop...

Dave

Offline munkynpunky

Attack Member
Vitara with Recaro's?
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 11:32:46 »
hmmm, have spoken to recaro UK and they say they dont make subframes (not sure if they mean at all or just for the vitara) but I have someone with a grinder and a welder, so gonna grind the brackets off the vitara seats and weld on to the recaro's

Fun fun :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal