AuthorTopic: Throttle cable  (Read 749 times)

Offline rustprooflandyracer

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Throttle cable
« on: January 30, 2006, 10:22:07 »
It' getting beyond a joke now, The throttle cable keeps disconnecting it's self from the barrels in which it sits at seriously crutial times, like hills. It is a 2 1/4 diesel and it is the cable linking from the accelerator rail on the back of the bulk head to the injection pump. So if have to keep getting out and hooking it back up!!  It mainly does it when changing down at high speed, so does it have any thing to do with their being too much slack? Has anyone got any ideas to how I can rectify the problem :?:

Thanks Matt
Matt

Land Rover 1983 88'' CSW, CP Parabolics (3 leaf rears), Recon Turner 2 1/4 diesel, BFG Mud terrains on silver mods (235/85/r16), Galvanised chassis, Midland CB fitted, Rock Sliders, Snorkel, Light Bar. Full NAS Lights, Powerflow Exhaust, Twin Hiclones... and some!

Disco 300TDI - BFG AT's, Light Bar... Work in progress!

Offline woody

Attack Member
  • Referrals: 1
Throttle cable
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 12:02:52 »
is it a rod with ball joint on not a cable if it is buy a new one there cheap
or twist a piece of copper wire around the ball then around the rod not to tight thoughand check it doesnt stick before driving off
should work but is only a temp measure
Never underestimate the power of a sick mind !!!!
What would scooby doo!!!!
remember if you camp next to the toilets you get to meet everybody at least once over the weekend
R reg Discovery 300tdi  NAMED: Scooby Doo !

Offline cstokes

Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Throttle cable
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 21:37:03 »
This problem normally occurs if the spring from the throttle lever on the pump to the cable bracket goes weak or fails, i would check this first as this kept happening to mine and after changing the sping, no more faults.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal