AuthorTopic: help needed  (Read 715 times)

Offline dminto69

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
help needed
« on: January 23, 2006, 21:43:04 »
hi all , i am looking at buying another suzuki which is knackered it as been rolled but it is the newer shape than mine and it as got the 1.6cc engine in , what i need to know will this fit straight in mine ie the engine and gearbox as mine is a e reg and this is a 89 model , do i have to change axcels, props or do i have to cut anything like that or will it be a perfect marraige only thinking at the moment or does anyone know where a knacker is going must be cheap as only want it as a donor vehicle all the best and thankyou
disco 2.5tdi on a n plate

Offline generation-x

Attack Member
  • Mega-Fronty
    • church stretton
help needed
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 21:57:10 »
hi m8 im a bit confuzzed about wot it is your buyin
you have a 1ltr sj? correct?
and you have seen a 1.6 sj? or is a vitara?
if its a vitara you will struggle to fit it to the 1ltr gearbox unless its the 5 speed but you will still need to make up new engine mounts exhaust and buy a conversion plate to the gearbox too

simon

Offline Vauxuki

Attack Member
help needed
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 07:32:09 »
Im guessing it is a vitara your thinking about buying, to answer your question, nothing will swap straight over, if you currently have a 410 you will have lots of cutting as the vitara engine wont bolt to a 410 gearbox, both engine mounts will need moving and the gearbox mountings.
However if you have a 413,  with a couple of modifications the engine will fit to the gearbox, but you will have to move one of the engine mounts, the 413 carb and exhaust will also fit, none of the 410 stuff will fit as far as i know.
SD33 powered Disco
SJ420i in redevelopment

www.funkyjimny.co.uk

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal