AuthorTopic: 2'' LIFT  (Read 793 times)

Offline andyhubbard

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
2'' LIFT
« on: January 15, 2006, 20:32:44 »
If i do a 2'' lift what else will i have to change,on 16'' rims and everything else is standard?

Offline beast5680

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
    • hailsham east sussex
2'' LIFT
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 20:46:32 »
i would do a search on the forum there are 101 answers to this depends where you want to go and how much you want to spend :lol:
Neal

let him that hath understanding reckon the number of the beast

He, who laughs last, laughs best. He who laughs at Chuck Norris dies.

Offline Damonski

Attack Member
  • Cheshire :)
2'' LIFT
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 21:01:17 »
I did ask on another thread for a nice listing of everything to do the job properly to be made up.  :wink:
--

Damian

Range Rover Classic 2.4TD  | Disco 300 Mpi | Citroen Xantia Activa
plus other rainy day projects....

Facebook Me

colintandy

2'' LIFT
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2006, 21:33:25 »
:D the only mods required for a 2 lift would be to extend your brake lines as long as you dont drive like a maniac and appreciate that you have raised the centre of gravity of your vehicle and take it easy then all should be ok ..remember that by lifting your truck springs does not lift the axels any higher which is where your diffs are the lowest point on your truck bigger tyres will only do that on a standard disco series 1 235/70/16 is the largest with-out lift but a 235/85/16 you will get on with a 2 lift you can get bigger on but now you got to start cutting your rear arches :D what you will get is components like bushes will deteriorte quicker as they are under stress from the lift so then things start to feel a little quickey on the steering but of un-natural movements and free play in the steering are normal signs of this happining if you have a week component it will show signs very  quickley prop-shaft is ok at this lift but if you start going further then there are issues of binding and excessive vibration its fun developing he he he  :D

Offline Bulli

Attack Member
2'' LIFT
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2006, 00:16:07 »
andy its a doddle, Colins right its worth doing the brake lines to be on the safe side...or move the mount plate down 2 inches
EFILNIKCUFECIN
Disco V8 3 dr - THROW ME A FRICKIN' BONE HERE.
3 link, lockers and 35's- NUFF said

Offline TimM

Attack Member
    • Mansfield, Nottinghamshire
  • Referrals: 1
2'' LIFT
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2006, 09:59:24 »
Andy,

If your free on the 1st feb, turn up to the pub meet, there will be at least two of us there with lifted Discos, and you can have a look  :wink:

Definately you want brake lines extended though, you wouldn't want to loose your brakes at a critical moment through stretched (and snapped) standard ones.
Tim
1995 Discovery 300TDi ES Manual (Dave)
2009 Range Rover TDV8

In the area? Notts / Derbys / S.Yorks Pub Meet click here

Offline evang

Attack Member
2'' LIFT
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2006, 20:37:50 »
Read this thread

http://forums.mud-club.com/viewtopic.php?t=16053&highlight=cardan

Like Budgie and Range Rover Blues advised me, after a lift, problems may occur with induced vibs. then you we need castor arms and a Disco 2 DC prop, I agree they should be generally fitted as a package like springs and shocks.

Before you purchase the lift kit state if you have a winch fitted and other heavey goodies this effects the ratings of the springs, get it wrong and fit the winch later you could have problems as decribed on the above thread.

Cheers

Offline kinkyvicar

Attack Member
lift
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2006, 20:52:09 »
i have put a 1.5 inch on mine and changed nothing but it does vibrate abit more so i am changing my my prop uj s
I feel randy, in my landy
let us pray

Discovery 300 TDI
  1 1\2" lift, Abar, spots, roof bar with 4 spots, A\T tyres, k&n air filter, hyclone, wheel spacers, not very clean!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal