AuthorTopic: Disco 200 Tdi - Electrical Fault - HELP!!!!!!!!!  (Read 457 times)

Offline Hooflungdung?

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Disco 200 Tdi - Electrical Fault - HELP!!!!!!!!!
« on: January 11, 2006, 19:36:55 »
I have a Disco 200Tdi which recently developed a lighting fault whereby the main beam lights wouldn't come on. I replaced the complete stalk & switch with one from a breaker and this resolved the problem. However, since then there has been an intermittent fault whereby the radio would switch on and off momentarily and the aerial would start to retract and then extend (lasted about a second or two).

Also more recently the little red light by the temp gauge suddenly comes on although the temp gauge is reading normal.

On testing today it appears that the temp light flickers when the light switch is moved from side to main or the main beam is flashed and also the radio goes off and on at the same time.

I have pulled the radio out of the dash and given it a good wiggle but can't get it to go off which suggests that the fault is not related to loose wiring or dodgy terminals at the back of the radio.

I am presuming that the fault is linked to the replaced stalk/switch or possibly I've upset some wiring or a connector in the steering column somewhere. Next step is to strip the pod off the column and check the wiring etc. behind.

However, if anyone has any ideas as to what the cause might be or where to look first this would be appreciated.

Thanks

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal