AuthorTopic: Freelander TD4 Exhaust Vibration  (Read 5783 times)

Offline schuee

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Freelander TD4 Exhaust Vibration
« on: January 09, 2006, 22:38:51 »
Firstly Happy New Year!!  :)

I am not sure if I have a problem,I have a Freelander TD4 05 plate.

Pulling away in 1st & 2nd gear I experience a vibration which can be felt through the gear stick, it almost sounds like a baffled noise and coming from the exhaust, and sounds like it is coming from  the left hand side of the engine bay whilst driving the vehicle.

I have experienced this from about 3-4k mileage the noise was not to loud then, now I have clocked up 19k and it seems to be getting louder, plus the fact now there is a ticking noise from somewhere in the engine bay which you can hear at low revs and even when out of gear.It hasn't affected the running of the vehicle, though it is annoying.

Any ideas :?:  

Cheers

Schuee

Offline Xtremeteam

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
  • Its just the way i roll
    • lampeter, west wales
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 22:55:50 »
it might be the bottm engine steady as on the TD4's thay can loose the tigghtness in the rubber n slap about
Mike
I can Drive.. You can criticize..
I too can criticize like you.. but can you Drive like me??

Offline schuee

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 21:03:32 »
Quote from: "RedlineMike"
it might be the bottm engine steady as on the TD4's thay can loose the tigghtness in the rubber n slap about

Will get them to check it out.

Cheers!!

Offline schuee

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2006, 22:12:05 »
Went to dealers this week.

They replaced the gearbox linkage for a modified version.

All working nicely  :D

Thankyou Marshall of Lincoln :)

Offline spt

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006, 08:42:58 »
Hi there i have the same problem with my freelander. First the stealers changed the front pipe and said that was it but it was back in two days later, the viabration was still there.
They are now saying it is the "nature of the beast" as they tested it with two other freelanders and they were worse!. I found this hard to belive.
Did LR modify these gear linkages because of this problem?
Any info on this would be great so that i can go back to them to get this problem fixed. Thanks

PS Hello to everyone on the forum, new to LR, Got a freelander 3dr Sport Td4, nice jeep but very hard on fuel just fitted a tuning box to see if that helps.

Offline quoman

Attack Member
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006, 13:46:07 »
Quote from: "spt"
Hi there i have the same problem with my freelander. First the stealers changed the front pipe and said that was it but it was back in two days later, the viabration was still there.
They are now saying it is the "nature of the beast" as they tested it with two other freelanders and they were worse!. I found this hard to belive.
Any info on this would be great so that i can go back to them to get this problem fixed. Thanks

PS Hello to everyone on the forum, new to LR, Got a freelander 3dr Sport Td4, nice jeep but very hard on fuel just fitted a tuning box to see if that helps.

What mpg do you get,Ihave a td4 and return about 40 mpg on average.if you think td4s are hard on fuel you dont want a paj,22-24 mpg,18.5 towing
2001 FREELANDER TD4
2006 Elldis Odysey 540
2005 Miniture Yorkie(1.8 kgs fully grown,aint she cute).....

Offline schuee

Attack Member
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2006, 22:10:41 »
Any info on this would be great so that i can go back to them to get this problem fixed. Thanks.

Hi

I will see if I can get any info out of my dealer regarding this problem, and what they replaced andget back to you.

Cheers
Schuee :)

Offline fudge

Attack Member
  • Green Oval Recovery... Chl 30 Shout Help Im Stuck!
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2006, 07:51:36 »

I was told mine was a "Characteristic of the vehicle" my letter to Landrover stating that it wasnt a characteristic I bought or desired I soon saw the Td4 being taken back to the stealer and 1 week, about £1500 parts later she's as smooth as a baby's botbot! (even after being caked in Norfolk Mud!)

Offline spt

Attack Member
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2006, 09:02:52 »
Thanks for the replys so far, any more info would be great. The mpg i think is about 25 although i am doing so tests on it at the moment so i will get back to you on that.
Another thing i did notice is oil comming from an air pipe in the engine bay, it is the very first rubber pipe you see, it has an aluminium spacer in it with some sort of sensor connected to the spacer. It seems to be high pressure as it has blown splats of oil all over the engine bay. The engine also sounds like a bucket of bolts at high revs, i thnk it may be connected to this. Any ideas?????

Thanks

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal