AuthorTopic: argh!  (Read 819 times)

ChrisW

argh!
« on: April 11, 2004, 00:15:38 »
So, after having my last two reserve tyres fitted to the front two weeks ago, after having one blow out on the motorway, we popped down to a little playday the local club was having to pick some bits up off one of the members.
While we were there the mud-mist got to me so I said lets just have a little play in the mud, drove across a small ditch to find out the diff-lock was still playing up and to hear a loud hissing sound.
Got pulled out and it turned out that the little ditch was full of old metal fence  :evil:  which decided to take out the sidewall on one of the front tyres  :evil:  :evil: and I didn't meet up with the member to pick the stuff up I went there for!

How's your weekend going so far?!

<gloom> (just for nelly  :P )

Offline Andy.

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
argh!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2004, 00:21:19 »
Do you ever get the feeling that you should of stayed in bed.

You'd of thought the ditch would of been checked first and marked off, and odd that your Diff lock is still playing up  :(

Never mind these things are here to try us, hope tomorrow is better  :wink:
Andy Member # 8

My Webshots  (updated 19.06.05)

Offline pas

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
argh!
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2004, 09:47:54 »
if it makes you feel any better last w/e my engine went bang again (only done 2000miles (including the mac 4x4) since I rebuilt it) snapping a conrod and smashing holes in the block, sump and obliterating my nice new shiny starter motor and then when I start to strip down the possible replacement engine  I found that block is dead as well  :cry:

Paul
Paul
 with a gased V8i Disco lifted with lots of home made mods

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal