AuthorTopic: Roof Rack information  (Read 4240 times)

Offline Ollie

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Roof Rack information
« on: April 08, 2004, 09:26:07 »
With the impending arrival of an addition to the family, I shall be requiring a roof rack for the 90. We had thought of upgrading to a 110, but can't afford it at the mo, so making best of what we have got.
Looking forward to all those Land Rover weekends this summer, but with a baby, camping equipment and not forgetting the wife, I will need more room, so easiest option id to put it on the roof :D
I like the look of the safety devices roof racks, anyone bought one? Comments? Are there any better alternatives out there?

Thanks for your time.
Ollie
sex is the breakfast of champions

Offline thermidorthelobster

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Roof Rack information
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2004, 17:40:37 »
I was up at Patriot (Bedford) earlier in the week.  IMHO their racks are probably the best out there in terms of solidity, build quality, etc.  But, coincidentally, they're also about the most expensive.

There's no picture of the 90 rack on their website but you can get a feel for their racks from the 110 version.

Safety Devices racks look great, but personally I find the framework-type construction a bit impractical - you really need to floor them otherwise all your stuff falls down the gaps and damages the roof.

David
David French
Tree-hugging communist
1999 Discovery II TD5 Manual
Patriot roof rack, QT Services diff guards front & rear, DiscoParts steering guard[/url], Autologic ECU upgrade, 2" Old Man Emu lift, 235/85R16 BF Goodrich All Terrains, Safari snorkel, DiscoParts jackable sills, Warn Tabor 9000

Ex Disco 200TDI, P38a 4.6HSE and 101FC 6x6 Camper.  Africa Trip Blog

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal