AuthorTopic: Do you live in Bedworth or Exhall near Coventry?  (Read 10516 times)

Offline muddyjames

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Do you live in Bedworth or Exhall near Coventry?
« on: December 20, 2005, 16:26:17 »
I am looking at moving to the above area in 2006 sometime when my Dads inheritence money comes through. My first house!!!

I was wondering what the area is like and how many Mud club members there are and green lanes.

anyone know the area? Is it a little oldy woldy town, areas to avoid etc etc. I want a 3 bed house with parking for 4 cars. I plan to rent out 2 rooms to pay the small mortgage I will need to get. anyone know what renting is like in that area? Is there a waiting list of people wanting rooms?

Any info would be great.
Rover 620i 223,000 miles on the clock :)
1995 300tdi auto ES Disco. Big Green Giant

Most expensive item for a Disco is????? a round piece of paper stuck on the windscreen!

Offline TimM

Attack Member
    • Mansfield, Nottinghamshire
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2005, 16:30:52 »
My Brother-in-law lives between Bedworth and Cov, there is a new development of houses just off the M6. Quite a few are still for sale, and there is quite a few shops etc close by - it doesn't seem a bad area.

I hassled Wayfinder to try to find some lanes down there last time I went for a visit, and couldn't find any REALLY local, but it depends on how far you want to travel, there are loads if you head further North into Leicestershire, especially up Hinkley way, were I know there is also a thriving Mud-Club community.

Hopefully you will find somewhere nice  :wink:
Tim
1995 Discovery 300TDi ES Manual (Dave)
2009 Range Rover TDV8

In the area? Notts / Derbys / S.Yorks Pub Meet click here

Offline TimM

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2005, 16:36:34 »
Just had a look where he lives.....

He actually lives in Longford, which is just south of Exhall  :wink:
Tim
2009 Range Rover TDV8

Offline Paul

• Administrator
    Attack Member
    • Hinckley, Leicestershire
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2005, 16:41:43 »
are and green lanes.

Once your settled in give me a shout and I'll show you the
delights of the Leicestershire / Warwickshire countyside. :wink:
Paul Wright

Offline Dirty Gertie

Attack Member
Re: Do you live in Bedworth or Exhall near Coventry?
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2005, 17:17:52 »
Quote from: "muddyjames"
I am looking at moving to the above area in 2006

anyone know the area? Is it a little oldy woldy town, areas to avoid etc etc. anyone know what renting is like in that area? Is there a waiting list of people wanting rooms?

Well, most of "olde worlde Cov" was bombed to smithereens in the 2nd World War, although there are some 'nice' areas, most of Cov city centre is a bit of a hole - it was re-designed in the 60's in lovely grey concrete, but it is current;y being re-modelled yet again, this time in horrendous '21st Century' "architecture" (I use the term very loosely!!) and the ring-road is something to behold (and get lost in orbit on!!) Whoever designed that  motorists nightmare was, I think, under the influence of some kind of hallucinogenic drug!!!

Bedworth???? Best avoided if you don't want stabbing or the services of prostitutes frankly!!

As for people wanting rooms, in Coventry there is both Coventry and Warwick Uni campuses, so shedloads of students, and accommodation is always sought after.
HTH
 :)
Janie.
Willow, Keavy, Angel, Thor, sleep tight my darlings, God bless.[/i]
 K.O.R.C.Darkside4x4

Offline TimM

Attack Member
Re: Do you live in Bedworth or Exhall near Coventry?
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2005, 17:29:23 »
Quote from: "Dirty Gertie"
Bedworth???? Best avoided if you don't want stabbing or the services of prostitutes frankly!!

I'd avoided saying that, but I'm afraid I have to agree, that is exactly how my brother-in-law has descibed it  :cry:
Tim
2009 Range Rover TDV8

Offline muddyjames

Attack Member
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2005, 17:30:10 »
So I had best avoid Bedworth then :( I was getting all excited! How about Exhall just down the road? Is it any nicer?

Lots of 18-23 year old female students wanting accomodation sounds good to me though!!!

don't worry I am 23 so isn't as bad as it sounds  :lol:

Most expensive item for a Disco is????? a round piece of paper stuck on the windscreen!

Offline NiceBlueWellies

Attack Member
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2005, 17:42:58 »
Quote from: "TimM"
Leicestershire, especially up Hinkley way, were I know there is also a thriving Mud-Club community.

Mud-clubbers in Hinckley - where?  :shock:

Oh, everywhere.  We do seem to be growing in numbers. :wink:
Jules

Have wellies, get muddy ;-)

Offline laser_jock99

Attack Member
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2005, 18:02:42 »
I drove through Bedworth for the first time a few weeks ago (even though I only live 20 miles away!). Have to say I thought it was a bit on the 'grim' side. Spotted plenty of Chav types in tracksuits.

Are you limited in where you can buy by your housing budget or do you need to be close to a workplace? Otherwise I'd suggest somewhere else nearby.

You should get a 'real world' guide to Bedworth here:

http://www.chavtowns.com/

But it looks like the town guide server is down at the moment.
www.hiluxsurf.co.uk (home Surf forum)
http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f206/laser_jock99/
http://www.photoboxgallery.com/4x4 (more 4x4 photos)
http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=103 (Online Gallery Of My Surf)
Car: 1993 Toyota Hilux Surf
Model: 3.0L TD SSR-X
Mods: 2" Suspension Lift, 2" Body Lift 33" MT tyres,
Colour: Brown over blue

Offline muddyjames

Attack Member
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2005, 18:18:18 »
Quote from: "laser_jock99"

Are you limited in where you can buy by your housing budget or do you need to be close to a workplace? Otherwise I'd suggest somewhere else nearby.

It is down to budget I'm affraid. I have an absolute maximum of 120k to spend. I cant go a penny over. I was hoping to get a 3 bed house with a driveway big enough for 4 vehicles (a must) for 100k. I want 3 bedrroms so I can rent 2 out. 1 too pay for the mortgage and another room to pay for council tax etc.

I was hoping to stay in this area but seeming as a new 2 bed appartment with no gagrage or allocated parking starts at 180k then I can't !!! :(

Offline Dirty Gertie

Attack Member
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2005, 19:00:58 »
For that price, take a look around Hinckley area, houses are fairly cheap in comparison to Cov (and the Council Tax is one of the lowest in the country!) and it's full of lovely Mud-Clubbers, what more could you want?  :(biggrin):
Janie.
 K.O.R.C.Darkside4x4

Offline muddyjames

Attack Member
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2005, 19:07:31 »
Is Hinkley near coventry? I don't want to be much more north as I do voluntary work and coventry is very central to the areas I go and also the few mates I know live near Cov and Brum.

Offline Dirty Gertie

Attack Member
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2005, 19:11:53 »
Is Hinckley near coventry? I don't want to be much more north as I do voluntary work and coventry is very central to the areas I go and also the few mates I know live near Cov and Brum.

13 miles down the M69, I commute to Coventry every day; it's far preferable to living there!! :wink:

BTW It has a c in it, Hinkley without a c is in Somerset, and that would be a heck of a commute!!!! :wink:
Janie.
 K.O.R.C.Darkside4x4

Offline ianc

Attack Member
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2005, 19:25:47 »
would tend to agree, try that bit further north James if you can, when i was looking the Tamworth / Hinckley area seemed to have more to offer in the way of garage with house atached  :D

Ian
Tamworth when not in Chineham!!

Offline muddyweb

Attack Member
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2005, 20:59:48 »
erm... My sister lives in Bedworth !

She says it's perfectly OK...   she has never mentioned anything about trouble, and whenever I've been up there it has been reasonably quiet and normal.

Where she lives there is quite a large Asian community, and everyone seems to be quite friendly.
Tim Burt
Muddyweb
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.muddyweb.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline BrumLee

Attack Member
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2005, 04:51:01 »
If you move to Coventry beware of the sausageman named Hissy  :wink:
Lee from Brum

Offline TimM

Attack Member
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2005, 09:36:32 »
Quote from: "muddyweb"
My sister lives in Bedworth !

She says it's perfectly OK

I only know what I've been told about Bedworth, and I've only heard bad things, but...... that is all you ever hear about a place (anywhere).

I live in Mansfield, ask anyone from our area and they would run and hide from me because I must be a gun toting chav (living here), it's all down to where you live (i.e. in what area of town). I think it is probably undisputable that Bedworth must have some really rough bits, but as Tim has inferred, there must be some nice bits too.

If you want to live ANYWHERE you need to do your research first  :wink:
Tim
2009 Range Rover TDV8

Offline muddyjames

Attack Member
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2005, 14:05:52 »
I think it is one of those places I need to go and look at.  I am looking at a village just out side Bedworth anyway but all areas have their nice posh bits and bad prostitute areas. I just need to make sure I dont end up in the posh.............. sorry prostitute area!

Offline TimM

Attack Member
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2005, 16:10:25 »
I just need to make sure I dont end up in the posh.............. sorry prostitute area!

Houses are more expensive in the posh area, and crime is rife in the prostitute area, you need to get the right balance between the two....

..... may I suggest the posh-titute area  :lol:
Tim
2009 Range Rover TDV8

Offline muddyjames

Attack Member
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2005, 17:55:43 »
Nobody has mentioned the village just down the road called Exhall. What is it like there?

Offline James.Harwood

Attack Member
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2005, 21:26:34 »
We live just inside the Leicestershire border, and compute to Exhall and Hinckley - depending on the time of day takes about 30 minutes to Exhall, avoiding major roads like the M6.

Bedworth is like any other town it has it good and less good (being diplomatic) areas.  Exhall has some new housing developments and it is ideally located for getting around Coventry ring road etc.  Exhall is more expensive a may be a little far out for student accomodation.  But you may get professional people as it close to the M6 etc.  You may struggle to get a house with drive parking for 4 people in your budget.  Perhaps Nuneaton, Hinckley, Bulkington (but don't know what the rental potential is for these areas (no uni's etc)), all of these areas are well within commuter distance for the areas you have mentioned.  Easy access to the M69, M6.

My advice to anyone buying a house (regardless of location) is to visit it at different times of the day.  Talk to people in the area and see what their views are.  For example in our village/town there is an excellent butchers which people travel to from miles around.  It has good amenties (like pubs, shops and is on the bus route into Leicester).  With regard to Mud-Club I would certainly say that Hinckley has a thriving community but being based in Exhall/Bedworth area you would be well within a 20 minute drive time.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal