AuthorTopic: Oh dear  (Read 489 times)

Offline Matt_H

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Oh dear
« on: December 17, 2005, 19:18:40 »
I had a little footwell fire in the disco around the wiring so she is now going to be broken for spares, unless someone gives me a good offer for the complete car.

I had lined up a loom from another vehicle but it turned out to be a v8 rather than the 200 tdi I have, and am told the loom is totally different.

With lack of loom I decided to strip off the dash etc today to see jut how bad things were.  Unfortunately the heat has followed the wires and the main loom is totally shot.  Also for every connector I disconnected there was about 7 others not connected.  Of course I didn't label anything and whilst I know I could sort given enoughh time I've decided to break her.

So please bear me in mind if you want any parts from a 1990 200 tdi.  I will be totally honest about condition etc as everyone here has always helped me out in the past.  

I'm going to go for a 90 as I really dont need the practicality of the disco anymore.

Note worthy mods and new bits up for grabs.

2" raised suspension springs, heavy duty.  -> 6000 miles only
Shocks spec'd for above - procomp ES9000 -> 6000 miles only
Safari snorkel - grill mising
couple of those wrap around diff guards - scratched etc
Roof light bar - the one you see on ebay complete with 4 spots and custom made light peaks to stop bonnet reflections
New brake master cyclinder -> 2000 miles
New radiator -> 500 miles
Heavy duty winch bumper
Rock/tree sliders galvanised
Extended brake lines
New power steering pump -> 1000 miles
Ashcroft recon gearbox -> 5000 miles

And of course all the normal bits attached to the car

Matthew

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal