AuthorTopic: Brake light switch  (Read 724 times)

Offline dave_2A_2.25Turbo

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Brake light switch
« on: November 19, 2005, 15:32:17 »
I need the part number for a brass brake light switch to fit the pedal box in my servo conversion.  It screws in the top.  Plunger pushed into switch = lights off, plunger out lights on.  Thought I'd found the right one from Bearmach (only down the road) but it works the opposite way round - so I know it's not  BR 1448 (575166).

Bearmach list 2 types of plastic switch - neither of which fit.  The numbers on mine are not legible. And I don't know the origin of the servo (hence posting this in both Series and Defender forums).  I did have to extend the slot in the bulkhead when I fitted the pedal-box though. Master cyl is twin-circuit type.

Help!  Difficult to drive when you have to touch wires together each time you brake!!
Dave
1963 S2A
1992 Disco 200TDi
Sankey Widetrack

Offline robbie

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Brake light switch
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2005, 00:51:16 »
We had the same issue on our 1985 Land Rover 90 and went to our local motor factor who got the part the next day, fitted dead easy and has been fine, I think it cost around £7 so it aint really worth trying to go to loads of places to save a few pennies.....

We did find it was a bit stiff so we lubricated it with a little WD40 before fitting and it has been fine

Hope this helps

Robbie
If I could only find some mud to play in, I would be as happy as the preverbial pig!!!

http://members.mud-club.com/profiles/robbie/gallery/
http://www.mudpics.co.uk/gallery/index.php

1985 Land Rover 90 being worked on for French plates soon
2002 Peugeot 406 GLX Estate - more economic then the Disco, but not as much fun :(
2005 Toyota Yaris T3 - new driving school car

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal