AuthorTopic: heres an odd one  (Read 798 times)

Offline yer auld aunt nelly

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
heres an odd one
« on: November 16, 2005, 12:06:53 »
sorted my indicater fault but have gained a even wierder issue at the end of it :roll: For some reason whenever i start braking.........wait for it.........    my head lights come on!!!!what the hell.Has any one had this before. For a while i lost my dash lights.then thay came on with the brakes,then they just came back on.Every thing is ok otherwise,now just the headlight problem! :roll:
yer better not naff this up an come back to these shores or god help me yer auld aunt nelly will jump out of her grave an like as not kick yer teeth in......

Offline beast5680

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
    • hailsham east sussex
heres an odd one
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 12:10:23 »
i would think somwhere there was either a short in the loom or some wires have melted together somewhere so when braking the power is shorted to the headlights?
Neal

let him that hath understanding reckon the number of the beast

He, who laughs last, laughs best. He who laughs at Chuck Norris dies.

ChrisW

heres an odd one
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2005, 12:59:51 »
Earthing  :evil:

Had an issue with flashing headlights on full beam - everytime I did the ABS warning light would come on (and there was me thinking a wheel bearing was on the way out!)
For the time being I've run supplementary earths off the headlights but given some time (and finding my rave cd) I'll investigate further and remedy.

Attack Member
heres an odd one
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2005, 13:47:28 »
like i said bud when there on everythings o.k. but driving with lights off as soon as i hit the brake headlamps come on
yer better not naff this up an come back to these shores or god help me yer auld aunt nelly will jump out of her grave an like as not kick yer teeth in......

Offline thermidorthelobster

Attack Member
heres an odd one
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2005, 16:33:14 »
Yeah, sounds like earthing - the brake lights are earthing through the headlight system, for example.

Easiest solution is just to leave the lights turned on  :lol:
David French
Tree-hugging communist
1999 Discovery II TD5 Manual
Patriot roof rack, QT Services diff guards front & rear, DiscoParts steering guard[/url], Autologic ECU upgrade, 2" Old Man Emu lift, 235/85R16 BF Goodrich All Terrains, Safari snorkel, DiscoParts jackable sills, Warn Tabor 9000

Ex Disco 200TDI, P38a 4.6HSE and 101FC 6x6 Camper.  Africa Trip Blog

Attack Member
heres an odd one
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2005, 16:55:09 »
:(biglaugh):  :(biglaugh):  :(biglaugh):  :(biglaugh):  :(biglaugh):  :(biglaugh): I DO :(biglaugh):  :(biglaugh):  :(biglaugh):  :(biglaugh):

Offline DISCO-CHRIS

Attack Member
heres an odd one
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2005, 18:16:48 »
don,t know if this applies but on some cars when you fit a rear brake light bulb incorrectly you get the same symptoms. :roll:
"DISCO" now gone -  but not forgotten! VITARA toy to play with now!(still a work in progress!!3 yrs on) New toy now. . .V8 Disco! Let the fun begin!!
 Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional!!
08 KAWASAKI Z-750 FOR SUNNY PLAY DAYS!!

Offline j99mud

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
    • Hemel Hempstead
heres an odd one
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2005, 22:11:50 »
hi i had exactly the same problem on my defender and searched everything i could think of, it turned out a bulb had blown cant remember which, and the fillament had caused a short, changed the bulb and it was fine. Hope that helps

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal