AuthorTopic: FAO landymanAsh,found a puddle  (Read 581 times)

Offline Xtremeteam

• Regional Rep
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Its just the way i roll
    • lampeter, west wales
  • Referrals: 0
FAO landymanAsh,found a puddle
« on: November 14, 2005, 21:46:06 »
went up to glentarkie yesterday with pete(lostboy) & a few of his mates,was going fine with me being depth guage as neither petes disco or jamies 90 had a snorkel,found a fair few deep holes & after a wee pit stop to fix his unbendable bent sumo bar we headed over to the swallow hole,to which it did to my 90,pulled up & set my mobby to record from inside the drive in & out which should take all of 30sec,

3 mins later im being towed out as when i went in didnt go fast enough & when the silt & weight of the 4 foot of water infront slowed me down i came to a halt,didnt think anything of it as the water swireled round my feet,decided to bail when the pas seat floated past & in my rush grabbed petes radio to send a mayday call,climbed out onto the bonnet & started to undo the strop i had already attached,in the process a group of bystanderes pulled up & started taking pics,thus slowing down pete n jamies rescue attempt,eventually got the 90 out the hole to discover my mums digi cam,my wallet & my md headunit & cd changer all swimming in the cubby box      :evil:
OH & the water was above the fuse box inside & at the bottom of the edge on the bunnet

now awiting the outcome of the repair effort by pete but im not holding my breath,

Id like to say a big thank you to pete (lostboy)jamie for pulling me out with his 90,the guy with the really lifted pajero for giving me some dry gear to put on as i was just slightly cold (going blue,didnt warm up till this morning) & anyone else that helped when i was slightly panicking,as soon as i get these pics I WILL POST THEM
Mike
I can Drive.. You can criticize..
I too can criticize like you.. but can you Drive like me??

Offline LandRoger

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
    • Salisbury Plain Wilts.
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 21:57:39 »
Cant keep-up with you Mikee , you just love to live life on the EDGE of DANGER , steady-boy  steady!
K.I.S.S. Keep It  Simple Stupid          
I am not a complete IDIOT !! have no right thumb,
1961.Series 2 v8  + 03 Vitara SWB.
MG Midget 2,0L Pinto 1973  (swifty).

Offline Xtremeteam

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
  • Its just the way i roll
    • lampeter, west wales
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 22:10:36 »
Quote from: "Land/roger"
Cant keep-up with you Mikee , you just love to live life on the EDGE of DANGER , steady-boy  steady!

na,more like the edge of the water,

wonder where i could get a tshirt with " if your not on the edge your taking up too much room"
thats not bad really,2 weeks & sunk it twice all within 12 miles of each other
Mike
I can Drive.. You can criticize..
I too can criticize like you.. but can you Drive like me??

TUFFTEE

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2005, 09:42:56 »
Mikee! Why don't you weld up all the doors and seal all the holes and make an access in the roof? Then you can go     Deep

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal