AuthorTopic: Series 2a How to keep Tax Exemption with Mods  (Read 1264 times)

TUFFTEE

Series 2a How to keep Tax Exemption with Mods
« on: November 08, 2005, 16:17:22 »
Right guys! Please let me into a few Legal Loopholes?
I have been offered a 2001 90 chassis and i think that would do my series very well?
 But That means that the only original bits left on my series at the end would only be the body!

How can i get It to have say Coiled Springs Tdi Engine 5 speed G/Box Yet keep my exemption?
                                            Thanx in advance!

Offline muddyweb

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Series 2a How to keep Tax Exemption with Mods
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 16:39:04 »
Quote from: "TUFFTEE"
How can i get It to have say Coiled Springs Tdi Engine 5 speed G/Box Yet keep my exemption?

You can't.

As soon as the chassis is not the original one, or a new replacement to the same spec as was fitted to the vehicle who's identity you are trying to use...   SVA and Q-Plate.
Tim Burt
Muddyweb
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.muddyweb.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline muddyweb

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2005, 17:00:12 »
This will give you some idea of what you can do...

http://www.dvla.gov.uk/vehicles/regrebil.htm

Not many loopholes I'm afraid... and the days of the inspectors not knowing what they are looking for are long in the past.
Tim Burt
Muddyweb
www.muddyweb.com

Offline spy

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2005, 17:38:25 »
Surely the only way to do it is to buy a tax exempt range rover and use that as the chassis.  If you then change the body for a series one I think this is still ok?  I am sure someone will correct me if im wrong.
110 2.5 Petrol LPG powered
Discovery 300tdi - Sold to Sooty
Discovery 200tdi  - SPY - SOLD
Series 3 - XUXY - SOLD :(

www.landyworld.co.uk

Offline muddyweb

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2005, 17:40:45 »
You can do that, although there seems to be a bit of a grey area about whether shortening a chassis counts as a radical modification and hence requiring an SVA.

I've heard conflicting information about this from DVLA
Tim Burt
Muddyweb
www.muddyweb.com

TUFFTEE

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2005, 19:38:44 »
Thanks Guys
                    I have decided that the only mods will be a tdi engine and para bolick springs in the future just to keep it as original as possible!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal