AuthorTopic: auto box probs  (Read 1338 times)

Offline drpauly

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
auto box probs
« on: October 01, 2005, 17:54:59 »
hi guys
anyone in ere who may be able to shed some light on a problem i recently aquired, started car one morning and seemed to have no power with my foot to the floor it felt like i still had the handbrake on.
but as soon as it got to 2nd it drove as normal,  is this easily fixed or do i need a morgage lol

thanx yours pauly
1992 toyota hilux surf 2.4td efi 2nd gen in dark metallic blue

http://cornishhostingcompany.co.uk/support/aff.php?aff=005

Offline more x 4

Attack Member
auto box probs
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 01:54:29 »
hey pauly,have you checked all the easy stuff,like the fluid? you need to check level and condition,it should be red and not feel gritty or smell burnt
the two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity

home of the flying pajero
with red ali///art mudflaps

Offline drpauly

Attack Member
auto box probs
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2005, 21:01:03 »
hi mate, yeah ive checked oil and yes it is brown from over heating, and heres the best bit, i when i bought it in may the owner said that it had a faulty a/t temp switch so dont worry and replace it.
well ive never had a problem with the light coming on so didnt give it a second thought, but now since this present problem it has come onso looked at all the simple stuff with no luck i was told it was injectors so im running a diesel cleaner which i have to say has worked a bit but not as good as it should be, so after ive i posted this in the forum i checked the gearbox oil only to find that the previous owner did 1 on me the gearbox cooling pipes were not connected mmmmmmmm :roll:  on connecting them back up oil squited through the rad, so i have now got a prob i need a rad now b4 i can go any further on this matter, oh and yes the oil was stinking of burnt oil and brown in colour.
so not sure if i need a new box or not as i dont really want to risk it ill change my oil but as you will know it aint good if the box aint being cooled ah well thanx again mate any help is gladly received im going to try and get the rad repaired and go from there

all the best pauly
1992 toyota hilux surf 2.4td efi 2nd gen in dark metallic blue

http://cornishhostingcompany.co.uk/support/aff.php?aff=005

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal