AuthorTopic: o poo the clutch has gone i think  (Read 610 times)

Offline tjsj

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
o poo the clutch has gone i think
« on: September 30, 2005, 19:53:13 »
Hello everyone had a v bad day 2day and the clutch has gone just to finish it off. I started it up ... fine then took it up the drive ... fine then went on the track at the farm i go on which is v flat and concrete ... fine stopped to open gates ... fine then got back in put the clutch in and tried to put it into gear and it just wouldn't go. any chance that its jammed up with mud?? then I pushed the gear knob in hard and it crunched in and stalled so im guessing that the cluch is not engaging properly but im not sure will change easily will the engine turned off and the clutch not in but wont work when started. Very anoying as I was planning to go on an offroading event next weekend. Can anyone suggest a solution or is it just going to have to be a brand new clutch. Cheers :twisted:  :cry:  :(  :o
Tom

G-reg Disco 200tdi
3 inch pro-comp suspension lift
nice set of new machos

WANTED: Cheap snorkel, doesn't really matter what it looks like, just as long as I can do some wading!!!

Offline generation-x

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Mega-Fronty
    • church stretton
  • Referrals: 0
o poo the clutch has gone i think
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 20:43:15 »
tj
pop the bonnett and pull the plug out from the bell housing and shove a hose pipe down while its runnin jump in the cab and pump the clutch pedal for about 10 mins see if that helps?
this is only a short time repair job you will need to take the clutch out and clean it properly soon

let us no how you get on

simon

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal