AuthorTopic: Help!  (Read 739 times)

Offline RandyLandy

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Help!
« on: July 24, 2005, 03:59:36 »
Went out yesterday to get some parts with my dad, whilst in Paddock's I decided my S3 would benefit from some new plugs and leads. Went out today took the leads off and in process the connector that goes on to the distributor got stuck in it so off i trundled off up to the shed with dizzy cap in hand got offending connector off and when i got back to the engine realized that i hadn't made any reference to the order of the plugs, i know that the sequence is 1, 3, 4, 2 but forgot what positions they are on the cap, any help would be greatly appreciated
Russ

"If in first you don't succeed try second"
My Photobox Pro Gallery

Offline hobbit

Attack Member
Help!
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2005, 09:29:21 »
here ya go

Connection for No 1 is the point on the distributor which point towards no 1 plug basically, thats the way I normally remember.

Although on the last engine swap, had to look in the book, the distributor was that far out nothing matched up
Kev

'91 stretch Discovery 200 Tdi
Hybrid for running round (got to go now)
Srs 3 Lightweight petrol (got to go)
Srs 3 Lightweight petrol, runabout

Not every problem can be solved with duct tape, and it's exactly for those situations we have WD 40

Offline hobbit

Attack Member
Help!
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2005, 09:36:05 »
Btw, hope you enjoy working in the rain, just stepped out to take the pic and its drizzling here, supposed to be fitting the rear chassis member, another half done job again, ah well looks like I may go out for a wander instead, Bout time I got out more
Kev

'91 stretch Discovery 200 Tdi
Hybrid for running round (got to go now)
Srs 3 Lightweight petrol (got to go)
Srs 3 Lightweight petrol, runabout

Not every problem can be solved with duct tape, and it's exactly for those situations we have WD 40

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal