AuthorTopic: calling jim-willy  (Read 894 times)

Offline LandRoger

• Regional Rep
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • Salisbury Plain Wilts.
  • Referrals: 0
calling jim-willy
« on: July 10, 2005, 20:34:09 »
in a recent thread  jim-willy mentioned that he had a 2inch lift on his jimny, do you have corrected radius arms ?, if so can i ask where did you get them .thanks
K.I.S.S. Keep It  Simple Stupid          
I am not a complete IDIOT !! have no right thumb,
1961.Series 2 v8  + 03 Vitara SWB.
MG Midget 2,0L Pinto 1973  (swifty).

Offline jimny gary

Attack Member
castor corrected radius arms
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2005, 20:49:41 »
I dont know jim Willy, but you dont need castor corrected arms with a 2" lift. If you look at www.dgtuning.com you'll find 2 items of interest, one is castor corrected bushes which cope with up to 2 1/2 " lift, and the full monty corrected arms which i have , they cope with up to 5" of lift. If your going to lift your jimny there are two options, 2" lift from www.explorerprocomp.co.uk  which is dirt cheap but quality, or 4" lift with corrected arms and other goodies from DG tuning. Go for the latter, because you arnt going to stay with a 2" lift are you......
I thought i would, but [!Expletive Deleted!] it!

Gary
www.4x4Recovery.com  - Sensibly priced recovery gear

Jimny, 6:1 lobster box, rear discs etc

Offline LandRoger

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
    • Salisbury Plain Wilts.
radius-arms
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2005, 00:03:25 »
thanks for info gary , i have allready fitted a pro-comp 2inch lift with extended brake lines also extented the air-pipes for hub lockers,the problem is that the road handling is terrible light and vague , the steering doesnt self centre and veers left or right when it hits road bump, been told i need corrected radius arms  ,  off road it does what i had hoped for  but road  handling gone out of the window .
K.I.S.S. Keep It  Simple Stupid          
I am not a complete IDIOT !! have no right thumb,
1961.Series 2 v8  + 03 Vitara SWB.
MG Midget 2,0L Pinto 1973  (swifty).

Offline jimny gary

Attack Member
2" lift
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2005, 13:36:07 »
mine was like that when i first installed it, but settled down after 2 weeks or so.  I'd try the castor corrected bushes for yours, thats supposed to be ok for up to 2 1/2 " lift. I'm on new arms which has the castor corrected for higher lifts and will be wrong for your car, unless you go for a bigger set of springs too !
Speak to Dieter at www.dgtuning.com , very helpful guy, english aint too bad, pay by paypal and things arrive in 2 days.

Gary
www.4x4Recovery.com  - Sensibly priced recovery gear

Jimny, 6:1 lobster box, rear discs etc

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal