AuthorTopic: wot no ties  (Read 440 times)

Offline rokcrawlin

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
wot no ties
« on: June 19, 2005, 23:30:29 »
it would appear via a comment by a certain off-road guru god that all Range Rover owners should be driving round in their vehicles wearing a certain peice of neckwear called a tie. Unfortunately I have not seen this officer of the Queen  wearing a said peice of neckwear or even a civil servants cravat whilst in his 110, so should I ignore his call for me to wear one or should I plead ignorance and wear green wellies instead  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :?  :?  :?  :?
everything in the path of life becomes clear when you get the wipers working .....................mmmmm then theres the washer bottle motor DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

Offline lowey

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
wot no ties
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 08:37:58 »
Standards have gone downhill lately, no-one seems to wear ties anymore. Remember recently seeing a piccie of an RTV trial from back in the late fifties (pre-dating the Range Rover era) where all the competitors wore tweed sports jackets and shirts with collars & ties and a flat cap. How standards have slipped. Having said that just about all walks of life gentlemen wore ties many decades ago. It was seen as being ungentlemanly and non-british to even unbutton one's collar button and slacken off the tie.

Was a school kid of the fifties and remember that not to wear the old school tie was an offence punishable by death! or so it seemed.

Possibily generations later we are rebelling from this dictat.
Regards
Lowey

D.E.F.R.A.  Destroying English Farming & Rural Areas

1970 S11A diesel hardtop "BUY 678 H"
Daihatsu "L4WEY"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal