AuthorTopic: td5 disco  (Read 693 times)

Offline td5 babe

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
td5 disco
« on: September 18, 2010, 08:16:07 »
hi guys wondering if any of you can help ?

im getting a little frustrated now as i bought a very sexy discovery td5 and out of a month the garage has had it more than me  :'(

it has a starting problem sometimes it will sometimes it wont, you have to pump the accelerator pedal and even that dont work it has just had new air flow meter on it but that made no difference. i have been informed there is oil in the wiring harness/loom does anyone have a spare one ?

do any of you have any ideas wat it could be as its baffled my other half and hes worked with landrovers for the last 10 years even the garage dont know wat it could be

pleasssssssssssssssssssse pleasssssssssssssssssssssssssse help me

Offline boss

Attack Member
  • "steerings a little loose!"
Re: td5 disco
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 15:40:34 »
oil in the harness is a known problem,it made my dads misfore alot. you can clean it out with a bit of rag and some contact cleaner. its what i did. no need for a new loom

the pedal is a fly-by-wire type so its done on a petentiomiter, these have also been known to go.
the TD5 disco is good, there are just a few silly (annoying) problems with them. but when you sort them out its all good. :grin:

"the young disco chopping maniac" -disco_stu!
www.artoffroad.com

bossFAB - stickers avalable

littlepow

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 20:53:40 »
new looms has better seals on the internal connectors - easy fix to do at home. Just need a basic socket set and about 30 mins.

Offline madhouse6

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 09:54:32 »
You say you need to pump the throttle several times & then it will start, when you do this does the fuel pump sound like a strangled cat, if so you are getting air into your fuel system, this could be a chafed pipe or the fuel filter blocked or i have seen the fuel filter head cracked causing the same issue, you may not necessarily see a fuel leak due to it could be on the suction side rather than the pressure side, I would try subbing a fuel filter head first to make sure this is ok, also you can have issue with the fuel injector seals causing the same issue.

Good luck

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal