AuthorTopic: Meck Lock System from MUD UK  (Read 5094 times)

Offline Saffy

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • The Bell Inn, Imber.
  • Referrals: 0
Meck Lock System from MUD UK
« on: June 20, 2010, 19:43:22 »
http://www.mudstuff.co.uk/Meck_Lock.shtml

Am I missing something or is this one of the most easiest security devices to defeat like I think it is?

pop bonnet, cut the clutch hydrualic line to release clutch, Start the engine in 1st - drive away to safe house whilst gear shifting up and down the box using revs like you would if clutch had died  :huh:  
.swonk eno oN .esoht dna eseht ,siht dna taht ,wollof ot selur emos teg eW

Offline Disco Matt

Attack Member
Re: Meck Lock System from MUD UK
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 22:34:42 »
Like all anti-theft devices it can only slow them down. Fiddling around under the bonnet in search of pipes takes time and increases the risk of being noticed.

I'm a bit bemused by the EU ruling that it can't be fitted to brakes though. I cannot see what is wrong with a system whereby you can use the existing brakes to lock all four wheels while the car is stationary, the various "hill hold" mechanisms must do something similar. Providing that there are safeguards in place to prevent accidental operation while the vehicle is moving then it'd be perfectly safe.

1996 Discovery 300TDI. She's got it where it counts...

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 13:16:19 »
If you combine it with an imobioiser though you can't start in 1st gear becauseof the imobiliser and you can't bumpstart it without a clutch.

The guidlines are 4 minutes I believe for Thatcham and sold-secure.
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

Offline Saffy

Attack Member
    • The Bell Inn, Imber.
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 13:25:56 »
I just stick with my multi system immobiliser with coded inline fuel valve, disklock steeringwheel, GPS-SMS tracker, RF-APRS tracker and the 4 oz of C4 remote det under the seat (fantasy)

Offline Tommo

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 21:11:18 »
My land rover is equipped with all sorts of anti theft devices that it has created entirely by its self over a period of many years.

If I ever lend it to anyone I have to spend about 40 mins explaining all its flaws and how to get around them, if its not the intricate cold start procedure its the technique to use with the gearbox when its cold, or its the special way you have to waggle the ignition key to get it to work, or the two wires you have to wiggle if it cuts out for no reason.... and so on.
Land Rover Tourettes Crew

www.sniff-my-diff.com

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2010, 11:59:27 »
Years ago when the Astra GTE was the car of choice for thieveing scum my mate had one, he stopped buying new locks for the doors after a while.  It had an alarm, imobilser, steering wheel lock etc but they still tried.

One time he woke up to find it had been pushed to the end of the drive, the steering lock removed and the alarm defeated.  the only thing to stop it being driven away was the
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

Offline graham2306

Attack Member
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2010, 21:18:15 »
Wandering off topic but.............

Ah the Astra GTE.  A mate of mine had one, left it parked outside his mums 2 up 2 down in Teeside whilst they had tea in the back room.  came out later to find the doors locked, his stereo missing and a note on the drivers seat saying "Vauxhall alarms are crap"

It's not a real car unless it's over 30 years old!
Classic cars are the ones who's owners wave to each other. I just bought a pretend car! F plate 90!

N.Oxon GLASS Rep

Offline Saffy

Attack Member
    • The Bell Inn, Imber.
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2010, 21:51:13 »
One of the guys I was apprentice with  (Craig Horner if your out there!) had Astra GTE at 18years old (git), and from the window of the pub he was in watched as a gang of Caerphilly scumbags opened his car, popped bonnet, ripped out the alarm and then stole the Alpine stereo, he didn't fancy his chances to confront them  :angry:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal