AuthorTopic: Range Rover Classic  (Read 977 times)

Offline Hovis

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Range Rover Classic
« on: August 25, 2009, 13:40:16 »
Well I picked up the old girl last night following a disaster on Sunday! I did collect it on Sunday night but it stopped on the way home so the nice chap I bought it from took it back to find out what was wrong and get it running again! This is where my age shows, if not some what embarrassingly on this occasion! I had flooded it! I have very little experience of carbs and chokes and didn't know that once it was started you put it back in a bit, I'm used to the whole SJ thing, pull it out and push it back in when it will idle!

The floors gone as normal but on the whole it seems pretty good. It's been parked up for a fair few years now but apart from the boot floor it seems ok. It's 3.5 V8 with a full stainless exhaust inc 4 branch manifolds, the gear box was rebuilt by Ashcrofts a few thousand miles ago at a total cost of £1400!!!! That included removing etc.

Anyway now I've got it I don’t know what to do with it, I could even be tempted to pass it on to someone who could do it justice or needs the bits as it's a bit beyond my capabilities and what with the disco space is getting a wee bit tight!!

Any thoughts?
My Mum lied..............it hasn't dropped off.

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
Re: Range Rover Classic
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 22:32:51 »
What year, what spec?  Is it original or modyfied etc etc.

Some models are worth keeping on the road, others are worth more in bits.
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

Offline woodentop

Attack Member
  • don't get even get muddy
    • amlwch port anglesey
Re: Range Rover Classic
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 17:57:28 »
I have just got a range rover classic 1975 V8 3.5 i am going to bobtail and turn it into a pick up.chassis and engine OK,body panels need some filler and paint.started second time after 3 years standing,cant wait to start,its a chocolate colour so need new paint job

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal