AuthorTopic: Capital One Drop A Clanger!  (Read 826 times)

Offline Yoshi

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Capital One Drop A Clanger!
« on: December 12, 2008, 18:12:58 »
As some of you know me and Bettyblue22 moved house recently.

Well we went through all the motions about changing address everywhere, but a letter recieved today made me chuckle!

Its from Capital One and the first line reads

"Thankyou for telling us that you've changed your address.  I trust that you've now settled into your new home."

You may think all this is normal and its a nice letter in your new home, except for 1 minor problem, they sent it to the old address! lol

1995 Discovery XS 300TDi 4" lift and ready to go!

There is no devil, theres only god when he's drunk - Tom Waits.

Offline landroverkeith

Attack Member
  • Wilby
    • wilby, northants
Re: Capital One Drop A Clanger!
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 19:14:57 »
 ;) nothing new there dan we moved into this house 2 years ago and both the mortgage companys send our posts to the tennants in the old house  :roll: not sure how many more phone calls are needed to convince em
2004 D2 TD5 es Premium - R99 MUD
1965 Series 2a 88" V8 "rag top"          
2000 TD5 Es - W99 MUD
Sankey Trailer

Offline muddyjames

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 19:49:03 »
I thought you were going to say you dont have an account with them!!! I love capital one letters. I know they are junk every time and go straight into the bin without even opening them up now.
Rover 620i 223,000 miles on the clock :)
1995 300tdi auto ES Disco. Big Green Giant

Most expensive item for a Disco is????? a round piece of paper stuck on the windscreen!

Offline JumboBeef

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 20:09:05 »
You may think all this is normal and its a nice letter in your new home, except for 1 minor problem, they sent it to the old address! lol

I had this once, with another credit card company.  When I questioned them why they had sent a letter to my old address, they said they did it on purpose just in case my card had been hijacked and they needed to check I really had moved house.

Made sense to me at the time.
1991 Range Rover Vogue SE V8 auto on LPG, time warp!

Offline muddyjames

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 09:34:31 »

I had this once, with another credit card company.  When I questioned them why they had sent a letter to my old address, they said they did it on purpose just in case my card had been hijacked and they needed to check I really had moved house.

That is understandable I suppose because if you have genuinly moved house you will most probably have your mail being redirected to you.
Rover 620i 223,000 miles on the clock :)
1995 300tdi auto ES Disco. Big Green Giant

Most expensive item for a Disco is????? a round piece of paper stuck on the windscreen!

Offline V8MoneyPit

Attack Member
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 10:33:05 »

That is understandable I suppose because if you have genuinly moved house you will most probably have your mail being redirected to you.

That's fine, but the redirection is only for a few months. I recently collected a whole bag full of mail from an address we moved away from 5 years ago. Most of it was junk of course, but some were from the mortgage company that sold us the mortgage for our new house!

Quite why the current occupant kept our mail for so long is what baffles me though  :lol: Each and every one had 'not at this address, return to sender' written on it, but was never put in the post!..... 5 years!!!
Rgds
Steve

"Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real."

Land Rover build:
www.daisythediesel.com

Photos (my other passion and weakness):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/v8moneypit/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal