AuthorTopic: mot blues...is this true?  (Read 1232 times)

Offline craftycarper

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
mot blues...is this true?
« on: May 28, 2008, 17:09:05 »
well got me brakes sorted at last and headed off back down to the garage for a retest only to be told by one of the mechanics that he would have to do the full mot again and charge me even though i still have seven days to get it back. Apparently it has to be retested on the two bits it failed on by the guy who failed it the first time for me not to be charged otherwise its a full one again....and theres more, the guy is on holiday and will not be back until saturday......starting to get a bit annoyed now, this is a new one on me :huh:
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 09:27:31 by Frankie-Boy »

Offline Saffy

Attack Member
    • The Bell Inn, Imber.
Re: mot blues...is this true?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 08:39:01 »
http://www.mottesting.org.uk/mot-retest-information-fail.html

only mentions the same MOT station - not tester.

If they told you 7 days for a FREE restest instead of 1 for free and 10 for a partial fee then they might be trying it on anyway and you should gene up on the rules, investigate if it *has* to be the same tester and confront em for sure.

Does not seem fair that a retest is restricted to the same nominated tester, they should be testing to the same standards like robots - it's beyond your control if he dies and an alternative nominated tester has to take over, maybe the computer system doesn't allow for a a relog of different testers card and pin for same Vehicle :huh:
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 09:00:43 by Saffy »
.swonk eno oN .esoht dna eseht ,siht dna taht ,wollof ot selur emos teg eW

Offline redhand

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 09:21:54 »
Just email VOSA and quote the station test number. If it isn't true they'll get a visit or a snotty letter of them. Asking them what they're playing at. A phonecall to the garage explaining your intentions might make them reconsider as well. It sounds like their taking the mickey to me.
http://www.humber-yorks4x4response.org.uk/
www.landyzone.co.uk
www.landrovernet.com
www.mig-welding.co.uk

1987 TD90 Hard Top

I haven't got a clue where I'm going. But God Help Them when I get there..

Offline craftycarper

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 20:45:53 »
i agree, on the back of the failure sheet it only stipulates to be returned to the same garage for a re-test, nought about the same guy doing it again, crikey i'm back there tomorrow morning and i am wondering how many others are gonna be queing for their re-tests, if he failed a few could be a bit on the busy side, lets hope he don't go sick :lol: wonder how you stand if the guy was away on his hols for 14 days, gonna get the re-test out the way then enquire...i'm sure this is a con..will let you know how it goes...cheers.

Offline Bunnie

Attack Member
    • portsmouth
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 21:54:24 »
when puggy failed her mot they told me free retest in 7 days etc
so got work sorted went back they charged me 20.. when challenged they said it was free if they did the work otherwise it was a partial retest... ended up paying it as i wasnt in the mood to have a go tho did mention it wasnt stated at the 1st test but they pointed out its on the back of the invoice.

they wouldnt have been able to fix the car... they couldnt fix the car and it will nva in its time with me go back to that garage
Suzuki Vitara (Rabbit)- Alive and well
206cc (Puggy) -Sold Defender Black (mummys 90)
Disco 200tdi (Serenity)- Sold
Audi S2 - Rich's beast
Audi 100 - The work horse
Sapphire the Siberian Husky
Skye the Alaskan Marlamute
Devil Ducks (Howard, River & Jayne)

Offline Les Henson

Attack Member
  • Is it supposed to do that?
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2008, 08:23:37 »
I take various cars for the MOT several times a week and sometimes the retest is done by the same guy and sometimes not. As long as he logs onto the system and with your vehicles details it doesn't matter who it is. They are ripping you off.

Les.

Offline craftycarper

Attack Member
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2008, 08:55:04 »
well got it back yesterday and she passed and no fee paid, although it was still a joke. The place opens at nine so gets there at 08:20 and finds a bloke in front of me. After a chat the guy says to me i can go in front as mine was just a re-test. The guy who owns the place came over and asks who was first to which we replied myself, at this point another ten motors had turned up. Then they pulls out a motor that must have been dropped off friday night and they commence to run it through a full mot, after its finished they pull the guys motor who got in first in on the ramp and do his, after this they stick mine on the ramp at 11:09 checked the wheel bearing but what suprised me was they didn't run the brakes up on the rolling road as they had failed it on a spongey pedal as well as the bearing and i had also left the old master cylinder on the front seat. Anyhow the bottom line was i had worked a night shift  on friday, stayed up for the mot, arrived at 08:20 only to have to wait till 11:09,  motor was back off the ramp at 11:18 with a pass and also a apology for keeping me waiting, then i have to run down the post office as it was due to be re-sorn, gets me tax after a lengthy wait again, then home 12:30, quick kip then up again at 3pm to get ready for another night at work...knackered at the mo so it's off to bed in a minute...but at least the old girls now on the road again after being sat on the drive for a year......cheers all for your comments..and i probably will still contact vosa over the matter   

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal