AuthorTopic: BIKE RACK  (Read 6360 times)

Franky

BIKE RACK
« on: February 01, 2005, 18:23:20 »
Hokay, im looking for a bike rack that doesnt mount onto the spare wheel of my 90. n e ideas where i can get one???? cheers!!!!!!!!!!  :D

Offline Sharpshooter

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
BIKE RACK
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2005, 18:30:46 »
I think halfords do one that goes on the towbar?? :?

Offline graham2306

Attack Member
BIKE RACK
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2005, 22:30:28 »
try www.droponcarriers.co.uk  only problem I have is spare overhangs the carrier when on the towball because my spare is on a swingaway mount.  Not sure you would get four bikes on it with a Land Rover door mounted spare, but doubt any ordinary towball mount carrier will fit with spare on.
It's not a real car unless it's over 30 years old!
Classic cars are the ones who's owners wave to each other. I just bought a pretend car! F plate 90!

N.Oxon GLASS Rep

Offline alaric

Attack Member
BIKE RACK
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2005, 23:40:34 »
The best one I've found is the Maxxraxx, which mounts on a plate behind the towball - so you need a tow bar to fit it. It's very solid even with 4 bikes on, and has a ratchet strap sytem built in and a lock cable.

It's much easier to put on and take off than one with loads of straps, and also breaks down to a couple of bars for compact storage.

The only drawback is that it needs a top tube to hold the bike - if you have a non-conventional bike frame, you may need to buy a false crossbar (Clamps to the seatpost and steerer tube) for about £10-£15.

http://www.maxxraxx.co.uk/racks/racks.html

Alaric.
"Act your shoe size, not your age..."

2012 Subaru Outback

Franky

maxxraxx
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2005, 22:52:45 »
yeah ive been using that one before on my old mans car, works a treat although was worried about clearance on spare wheel but have just found a moddified one on their website which has a kink to house the spare. pretty sweet stuff.
 thanks guys
  Franky

Offline Ollie

Attack Member
BIKE RACK
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2005, 21:07:57 »
I have the pendel cycle carrier. Its great, attaches to the tow bar, you can mount upto four bikes on it, and the back board encorporates tail and indicator lights.
Disadvantage, you can't open the rear door when attached, although the whole rack, bikes and all, can be removed in about 60 secs.
sex is the breakfast of champions

Offline graham2306

Attack Member
BIKE RACK
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2005, 09:49:31 »
I've just discovered my droponcarrier is adjustable!  So it can be fitted to clear the spare and still fit 4 bikes!

Next time I'll read the manual.
It's not a real car unless it's over 30 years old!
Classic cars are the ones who's owners wave to each other. I just bought a pretend car! F plate 90!

N.Oxon GLASS Rep

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal