AuthorTopic: buying and upgrading a jimny  (Read 656 times)

Offline fire boy si

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
buying and upgrading a jimny
« on: December 30, 2007, 15:43:28 »
he guys

i am thinking of buying a 03 jimny and moding it for play time as well as daily use i was thinkin of going for a off road armory 2" lift and 2"body lift and putting 265/75 r16 under the arches or similar any ideas woul i need to mod gear ratios etc
series land rovers dont leak they just mark their terratory

1972 s3 2/14 diesel hard top
235/85 R16 chaco mud terrains
para springs
Mill services sill bars
and currently off road (sorn)
still to come

spare wheel carrier
south down snorkel

Offline glaggs

Attack Member
buying and upgrading a jimny
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 16:16:55 »
If your going to use it as your daily drive then myadvice would be - 2" suspession lift - pro-comp or Old man emu. Pro-comp steering damper and 215/80-15 MT tyres.

Avoid the body lift if at all possible, 215 /80-15's will probably need a bit of body plastic trimming.

Start to go more radicle and you'll need to start looking at altering your gearing, either with a Trial Jimny kit or an SJ rock lobster transfer mod.

I've managed to get 31" tyresd in mine without a body lift, and won't lift it unless absolutely essential. There is plenty of clearance under the body of the Jimny, just not enough under the axels?
..V..

Offline mlines

Attack Member
Re: buying and upgrading a jimny
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 20:16:16 »
If you are lifting remember to cost in some Castor Correction bushes to maintain some element of good manners when on the road. Also remember that when going higher you should go wider as well to maintain stability. And I am not keen on body lifts either, depending on how its done it can cause steering problems, need new brake pipes and affect the fitting of bumpers.

And if you go for it then welcome to the club - see my website below for my 03 Jimny.

Martin
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 20:17:50 by mlines »
Martin Lines
http://www.BigJimny.com

Suzuki Jimny 1.3JLX, Kap 3" Spring Lift, Kap Full External Roll Cage and Front/Rear Bumpers, RockLobster T-Box conversion, ARB Locker, Viair Air System, Recaro Seats

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal