AuthorTopic: Radio code  (Read 344 times)

Offline J13 MUD

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Radio code
« on: December 23, 2007, 18:05:23 »
This one is really bugging me, I hope one of you guys can help.
I managed to leave the lights on for a few days which completely drained the battery, when I got it restarted the radio asked for the code. (Its the RDS radio) I have the code but did not know the correct procedure to program it in so it locked me out completely. I had read that if this happens you need to leave the radio on with the ignition turned on and it will give the code message again, I did this and sure enough the message reappeared but when I tried to enter the code (having discovered the correct procedure) the screen went blank. I then learned that if you turn on the radio whilst holding down the BND button it should reset, but what happens is that the radio comes back to life working perfectly then after five minutes it shuts down and displays a "SECURITY" message. If you hold down the BND button whilst turning it on again it comes back to life for another five minutes then shows the security message again. It just will not let me re-enter the code regardless of which buttons I press!!!

Any suggestions guys?

Wishing all Mud Clubbers a very Happy Christmas.

Jim
Offroad toy 1994 Disco 300 TDI, 2" Lift,       BFG Muds, Scorpion Winch bumpers, EPi 9 winch, Scorpion steering and Diff guards, Scorpion Rock and Tree sliders.

Offline Disco Matt

Attack Member
Radio code
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 18:11:54 »
If I remember rightly these radios only give you a limited number of attempts to enter the code (even if you get the code right but press the wrong button after). After that it's a franchised dealer job to fix it!
1996 Discovery 300TDI. She's got it where it counts...

mentalmoshio sophs V8i

Radio code
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 00:06:27 »
treat urself to a nice new one.  :(music):

Offline lee celtic

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
Radio code
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2007, 00:13:41 »
Get the misses to smile at the stereo fitter at halfrawds should only take him a sec to sort it . 8)

Or you smile at him :wink: He'll do it quicker to get rid of you :lol:  :lol:
so many hills , so little time ....
discovery TD5
work in progress...lol

mentalmoshio sophs V8i

Radio code
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2007, 00:19:35 »
Quote from: "lee celtic"
Get the misses to smile at the stereo fitter at halfrawds should only take him a sec to sort it . 8)

Or you smile at him :wink: He'll do it quicker to get rid of you :lol:  :lol:

wheres a ts when u need one. :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal