AuthorTopic: sartorial elegance  (Read 5578 times)

Offline Duckhunter

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
sartorial elegance
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2007, 01:13:26 »
Whatever you wear it always pays to carry a set of "falling in gear" - i.e. dry kit that can be put on should you happen to have fallen in!!

A M8 of mine from Norfolk came came shooting in one of the South Coast harbours and got stuck in the mud - badly stuck!! - we got him out but he lost a wader and was covered in cack!!

Luckily he had something to change into before driving back to Norfolk - the downside was that it was a paper boiler suit (known as a rapist suit in the trade!) - he got a few strange looks in the service station apparently - especially as he is 6' 5" and the suits are designed for someone of 5' 6" ..............

:(biglaugh):  :(sulk):
Duckhunters do it in the Mud!

'01 Discovery TD5 Commercial

previously .... '98 Frontera LWB 2.2 petrol (thirsty!)

Offline gtomo2

Attack Member
sartorial elegance
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2007, 08:03:13 »
If off roading then its normally my combat trouses and tee shirt and jumper which is hi-vis type. Oh and my army boots.

If out and about in middle of no were then it will be breathable legings
walking pants bufoluo top and my maguim hi-top boots and keep a bright orange with refective strips  fleece top in my bergen just in case i need to be found as it sticks out for miles when in the hills
Mr Graeme Thomas (tomo)
300 TDi Discovery - So i can go fording
Stop laughing put the camera down AND PASS ME THE TOW ROPE !! PLEASE

Offline Lord Shagg-Pyle

Attack Member
  • "Where we're going, we don't need roads!"
sartorial elegance
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2007, 11:42:55 »
Quote from: "biodiesel-queen"
Did you get your serf to buff your metal for you too?
It's very shiny.  And the brown leather belt sets the whle outfit off perfectly!   :lol:

In fairness, it is always best to get someone else to buff your helmet for you, just in case they see something that I missed. Also brown leather is a bit boring, it just doesn't have 'the dash' that black or red leather straps have if you know what I mean?
Of course, when Her Ladyship and I are doing some serious mudplugging then we have to dress accordingly.
The mud is awful when you are trying to push the divots back in on the polo field, don'cha know?

Offline Biodiesel-Bev

Attack Member
sartorial elegance
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2007, 20:46:11 »
Quote from: "Lord Shagg-Pyle"
It's very shiny.  And the brown leather belt sets the whle outfit off perfectly!   :lol:

In fairness, it is always best to get someone else to buff your helmet for you, just in case they see something that I missed. Also brown leather is a bit boring, it just doesn't have 'the dash' that black or red leather straps have if you know what I mean?
Of course, when Her Ladyship and I are doing some serious mudplugging then we have to dress accordingly.
The mud is awful when you are trying to push the divots back in on the polo field, don'cha know?

And one must watch out for the steaming divets, don't try pushing those in!   :wink:

Are you the tall one with the glasses or the midget whose hat's too big for his head?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*******    Greenworld Biodiesel Ltd, Brook Mill, Carr Lane, Slaithwaite, Huddersfield HD7 5BQ     *******

www.greenworldbiodiesel.co.uk ~ enqs@greenworldbiodiesel.co.uk

"The use of vegetable oils for engine fuels may seem insignificant today.  But such oils may become, in the course of time, as important as petroleum and the coal tar products of the present day."  - Rudolph Diesel (1858-1913)

Offline Lincs niva

Attack Member
sartorial elegance
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2007, 21:02:09 »
Combat's and t-shirt when offroading.Nothing better than the comfort of army trouser's :D

Cheers Gav
Yorkshire and Lincolnshire 4x4 Response
www.yorks-lincs4x4response.org

Offline isle of man

Attack Member
sartorial elegance
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2007, 21:54:48 »
SEE THE "MANX MAFIA" THE "TGB" AND ALSO "STRIKE ONE" THE BUGGY
http://www.j33p.org/_club/rides_view.cfm?ride_id=24

Offline Lord Shagg-Pyle

Attack Member
sartorial elegance
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2007, 08:39:57 »

And one must watch out for the steaming divets, don't try pushing those in!   :wink:

Are you the tall one with the glasses or the midget whose hat's too big for his head?

Excuse me? Padonnez moi? Being a firm advocate of all things diverse, I happen to be wearing the nice white number with the strappy shoes! None of this gender specific stuff for me, you know! Saying that, that could explain why I got blackballed from the Royal Yacht Club!

Offline Skibum346

Attack Member
  • T. A. N. S. T. A. A. F. L.
sartorial elegance
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2007, 12:46:29 »
Saying that, that could explain why I got blackballed from the Royal Yacht Club!

:shock: That must have hurt.... O:)

:(biglaugh): :(biglaugh):

Offline Lord Shagg-Pyle

Attack Member
sartorial elegance
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2007, 16:12:25 »
Quote from: "Skibum346"
Saying that, that could explain why I got blackballed from the Royal Yacht Club!

:shock: That must have hurt.... O:)

:(biglaugh): :(biglaugh):

No comment on that, old bean, other then to say it involved pink gins, yardarms and kissing the gunners daughter, needless to say I was very, very drunk........aargh, Tigers!

Offline Biodiesel-Bev

Attack Member
sartorial elegance
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2007, 21:02:01 »

Excuse me? Padonnez moi? Being a firm advocate of all things diverse, I happen to be wearing the nice white number with the strappy shoes! None of this gender specific stuff for me, you know! Saying that, that could explain why I got blackballed from the Royal Yacht Club!

Nice frock!!  So if you're the one in the dress is that your wife in the suit and top hat?   :lol:

You must have hours of fun at your house!    :(biglaugh):

*******    Greenworld Biodiesel Ltd, Brook Mill, Carr Lane, Slaithwaite, Huddersfield HD7 5BQ     *******

"The use of vegetable oils for engine fuels may seem insignificant today.  But such oils may become, in the course of time, as important as petroleum and the coal tar products of the present day."  - Rudolph Diesel (1858-1913)

Offline Lord Shagg-Pyle

Attack Member
sartorial elegance
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2007, 21:25:48 »

Nice frock!!  So if you're the one in the dress is that your wife in the suit and top hat?   :lol:

You must have hours of fun at your house!    :(biglaugh):

Wrong again! She is the 'Person of Restricted Growth' as I believe the current PC parlance to be. She comes in very handy for getting into all the those awkward places with a tooth brush and bottle of Vim, namely my bilges and the exhaust pipe of the Disco.
The other chap is just some blighter we fished out of the briny on the way back from St Trop. He claimed to be some Trans Atlantic rower, personally I think it was a load of old piffle!
The Memshab hosed him down with some Pimms and bleach, and he has been right as rain ever since! Baaaaaahhh!

Offline Biodiesel-Bev

Attack Member
sartorial elegance
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2007, 21:34:58 »
[

Wrong again! She is the 'Person of Restricted Growth' as I believe the current PC parlance to be. She comes in very handy for getting into all the those awkward places with a tooth brush and bottle of Vim, namely my bilges and the exhaust pipe of the Disco.
The other chap is just some blighter we fished out of the briny on the way back from St Trop. He claimed to be some Trans Atlantic rower, personally I think it was a load of old piffle!
The Memshab hosed him down with some Pimms and bleach, and he has been right as rain ever since! Baaaaaahhh!

Ok, so your wife is the 'person of restricted growth'....are you The Crankies?   You know, husband and very small wife who liked to dress up as a boy!?!  You have to admit there is a striking resemblance to them.
Do you still do pantomime?   :lol:

Offline L90OOK

Attack Member
    • Somerset
sartorial elegance
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2007, 22:36:46 »
[

Ok, so your wife is the 'person of restricted growth'....are you The Crankies?   You know, husband and very small wife who liked to dress up as a boy!?!  You have to admit there is a striking resemblance to them.

:(biglaugh):  :(biglaugh):  :(biglaugh):  :(biglaugh):
Did everyone see that?  Because I will NOT be doing it again!

Offline Lord Shagg-Pyle

Attack Member
sartorial elegance
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2007, 22:50:34 »
[

No, but we do a very convincing ventriloquists act. When we finish the show, my wife always has a big smile on her face. I suppose that is from the applause, but I could be wrong. :?

Offline Biodiesel-Bev

Attack Member
sartorial elegance
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2007, 20:08:21 »
Lucky Lady!  It probably has something to do with the hand positioning, you know, so she doesn't fall of your knee!   :wink:

However, I'm sure her Ladyship wouldn't be very impressed to hear you're comparing her to a stuffed and plastic doll with a deranged grin and scarey eyes.  You'll be getting a good thrashing with the birch.   :smack:

Offline Lord Shagg-Pyle

Attack Member
sartorial elegance
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2007, 20:51:50 »
Lucky Lady!  It probably has something to do with the hand positioning, you know, so she doesn't fall of your knee!   :wink:

However, I'm sure her Ladyship wouldn't be very impressed to hear you're comparing her to a stuffed and plastic doll with a deranged grin and scarey eyes.  You'll be getting a good thrashing with the birch.   :smack:

I don't use my hands. :wink: Mind you, she did get the star roll in that wonderful love story, 'Bride of Chucky'

Offline Biodiesel-Bev

Attack Member
sartorial elegance
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2007, 21:20:50 »

I don't use my hands. :wink: Mind you, she did get the star roll in that wonderful love story, 'Bride of Chucky'

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Never a dull moment in your house, particularly at midnight on a dark and stormy night.    :(vamp):  :(bloodshot):

Offline Lord Shagg-Pyle

Attack Member
sartorial elegance
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2007, 22:17:37 »

Never a dull moment in your house, particularly at midnight on a dark and stormy night.    :(vamp):  :(bloodshot):

Very true but I just wish Mother in Law would keep quiet. I don't know what else to do. I've soundproofed the cupboard under the stairs, I feed her a bucket of fish heads each week, but she still moans! Such is life.
Back to the garage for me. I have things to create.

Offline Biodiesel-Bev

Attack Member
sartorial elegance
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2007, 22:20:00 »

Very true but I just wish Mother in Law would keep quiet. I don't know what else to do. I've soundproofed the cupboard under the stairs, I feed her a bucket of fish heads each week, but she still moans! Such is life.

I have the same problem with my cellar.  No matter how many rugs I put over the cellar trapdoor, I can still hear the kids shouting to get out.  

What are you creating in the garage?  Have you been raiding the local cemetary again for body parts to make your own Bride of Frankenstein?  I've been busy powering the electric fence to the national grid - oh what fun it is to watch people leaning over into the field to stroke the horses and getting zapped!

Offline Lord Shagg-Pyle

Attack Member
sartorial elegance
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2007, 09:37:04 »

I have the same problem with my cellar.  No matter how many rugs I put over the cellar trapdoor, I can still hear the kids shouting to get out.  

What are you creating in the garage?  Have you been raiding the local cemetary again for body parts to make your own Bride of Frankenstein?  I've been busy powering the electric fence to the national grid - oh what fun it is to watch people leaning over into the field to stroke the horses and getting zapped!

Nothing as exciting as that I'm afraid.  As a way of de-stressing I build model aircraft and that is where I have been banished to, due to the smell. Not from me, althought after ale,..... no I'll leave it there.
Her Ladyship doesn't like the smell of glue, paint and varnish in the house, where as I quite like. It's not as addictive as most drugs, but whenever I glue stuff, my special friends come to visit, like Dave the one eyed green dog and Steve the purple dragon.
Horses eh? Wretched things! Eating all my money, and crapping everywhere! 'Ates 'em, I doz, 'ates 'em!
She complains about my glue and then brings home horse blankets smelling of horse poop and wee, and leaves them in the house to dry! :evil:
Put them all in tins!

Offline Biodiesel-Bev

Attack Member
sartorial elegance
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2007, 23:10:17 »

Nothing as exciting as that I'm afraid.  As a way of de-stressing I build model aircraft and that is where I have been banished to, due to the smell. Not from me, althought after ale,..... no I'll leave it there.
Her Ladyship doesn't like the smell of glue, paint and varnish in the house, where as I quite like. It's not as addictive as most drugs, but whenever I glue stuff, my special friends come to visit, like Dave the one eyed green dog and Steve the purple dragon.
Horses eh? Wretched things! Eating all my money, and crapping everywhere! 'Ates 'em, I doz, 'ates 'em!
She complains about my glue and then brings home horse blankets smelling of horse poop and wee, and leaves them in the house to dry! :evil:
Put them all in tins!

Hmmmm, I used to have the same thing for marker pens when I was at school, I'd be asked by the Latin master to write the verb "I love, you love, he loves etc" on the flip chart, but would go off in a trance as soon as I removed the lid of the black marker pen.  Soon came crashing back down to earth when I felt an exercise book slap me on the cheek, but would end up with a comedy moustache from the pen as the book swiped my hand and said pen across my upper lip!    :lol:  :oops:  :lol:

You want to stand further away from the horses if they're getting so close as to eat your money from your wallet.   :wink:

Offline Lord Shagg-Pyle

Attack Member
sartorial elegance
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2007, 23:33:35 »
Ruddy things! Why can't they be interested in something less costly, like slugs or hamsters?

Offline Biodiesel-Bev

Attack Member
sartorial elegance
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2007, 23:40:50 »
Ruddy things! Why can't they be interested in something less costly, like slugs or hamsters?

Have you ever tried to do sitting trot on a slug?  Or tried to jump a hamster over a clear round?  NO???  Then don't ever question why we women love our horses!  Not if you value your crown jewels!!!    :evil:   :wink:

Offline Lord Shagg-Pyle

Attack Member
sartorial elegance
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2007, 08:48:41 »
Horses are Evil! I'm not the only one that thinks so either!

When I was little, I saw horses on tv and thought, 'wow! they look interesting! I'd like a horse!'. What they don't show you on tv is the pure hatred horses have for humans. I can't really blame them, as humans have ridden around on them, jammed spurs into their sides and beaten them with whips... but I never did that to them so they should leave me alone. Even those small horses that look harmless still have a burning hatred for humans.

Campaign Of Death
The horses are smart, as in they make the deaths appear to be 'accidents'. Here is a list of some things they are doing ON PURPOSE!
they throw people from them (Christopher Reeves)
they bite people (my cousin got bit)
they stampede and trample people to death
they phone me late at night and neigh messages of death at me
they pretend they are walking away, but instead deliever a kick of death to the human standing foolishly behind them
they invade dreams (DC once dreamt of being bit on the hand!)
they pretend they are going to jump over something but instead stop, causing the human to be flung over them and onto the ground where they can then stomp on them
they send me letters with threatening hoof prints on them
Warning signs of an impending attack:
If you're hanging around horses (I don't know why you would), then here are the warning signs to look out for.
snorting
stamping of the foot
flicking of the tail
trotting
neighing
threatening letters or phone calls
How do we stop this?
Short term: If you think there is an impending attack (which there will be at some point) then I suggest hiding from the horses.
Long term: We clear out a huge section of a country and give it to the horses so they may roam in peace. There is no other way without more violence and killings, which would suck.

Anyone who doesn't agree with this is one or more of the following:
a horse
a horse dressed up like a human
in denial
under the influence of a horse or horses
wants to be a horse

Horses - they'd give you the finger if they didn't have hooves

Offline Biodiesel-Bev

Attack Member
sartorial elegance
« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2007, 20:43:45 »
Horses are Evil! I'm not the only one that thinks so either!

When I was little, I saw horses on tv and thought, 'wow! they look interesting! I'd like a horse!'. What they don't show you on tv is the pure hatred horses have for humans. I can't really blame them, as humans have ridden around on them, jammed spurs into their sides and beaten them with whips... but I never did that to them so they should leave me alone. Even those small horses that look harmless still have a burning hatred for humans.

Campaign Of Death
The horses are smart, as in they make the deaths appear to be 'accidents'. Here is a list of some things they are doing ON PURPOSE!
they throw people from them (Christopher Reeves)
they bite people (my cousin got bit)
they stampede and trample people to death
they phone me late at night and neigh messages of death at me
they pretend they are walking away, but instead deliever a kick of death to the human standing foolishly behind them
they invade dreams (DC once dreamt of being bit on the hand!)
they pretend they are going to jump over something but instead stop, causing the human to be flung over them and onto the ground where they can then stomp on them
they send me letters with threatening hoof prints on them
Warning signs of an impending attack:
If you're hanging around horses (I don't know why you would), then here are the warning signs to look out for.
snorting
stamping of the foot
flicking of the tail
trotting
neighing
threatening letters or phone calls
How do we stop this?
Short term: If you think there is an impending attack (which there will be at some point) then I suggest hiding from the horses.
Long term: We clear out a huge section of a country and give it to the horses so they may roam in peace. There is no other way without more violence and killings, which would suck.

Anyone who doesn't agree with this is one or more of the following:
a horse
a horse dressed up like a human
in denial
under the influence of a horse or horses
wants to be a horse

Horses - they'd give you the finger if they didn't have hooves

Hmmm.... I'm hazarding a wild guess here but, I think you dont like horses!?!

I've grown up with and had horses all my life - my parents used to have a riding school and livery yard until I was 14, I used to have numerous ponies and horses and used to go all over the country show jumping.  I used to spend nearly all my waking hours with horses.  However, I do have to agree with you on several of the points, as i have suffered many of the incidents on the 'campaign of death'  -
- Been thrown from horses
- Been trampled by said horses
- Been bitten by horses (on a very tender part of my chest)
- Been thrown when horse pretended he was going to jump the fence but changed its mind.  I went over the jump, horse didn't.
- Broken by arm, ribs, finger and two bones in my neck, and also have a permentant hoof shape scar on my leg due to falling off and horse standing on my calf.

You'd think it would be enough to put me off, but fool that I am I still have horses.
Haven't had the threatening phone calls or letters though.  You must have REALLY P***ed a horse off!

Offline Lord Shagg-Pyle

Attack Member
sartorial elegance
« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2007, 23:44:03 »
I'm not saying I don't like them ( :shock: ), but of all the years I have been around horses, I have yet to see anything like this! I keep on looking, to the point where I have chucked off several yards!
Does that bring us back to the topic of 'Sartorial Elegance'?
Damn, I'm good!

Offline Biodiesel-Bev

Attack Member
sartorial elegance
« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2007, 20:34:10 »
I'm not saying I don't like them ( :shock: ), but of all the years I have been around horses, I have yet to see anything like this! I keep on looking, to the point where I have chucked off several yards!
Damn, I'm good!

WHERE DID YOU GET THAT PICTURE OF ME!?!?!?!? :o

Offline Lord Shagg-Pyle

Attack Member
sartorial elegance
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2007, 22:29:15 »
Damn, I'm good!

WHERE DID YOU GET THAT PICTURE OF ME!?!?!?!? :o

I bought it from some bloke when I went to France. He kept on saying 'Monsieur, you want pictures of ladies with animals?'
I think I may have been ripped off!
My wife did try to get me to wear a pair of jodphurs once, but when I caught sight of my arse in the mirror, and saw that it looked like two bull elephants in a sack, I quickly took them off! Not a pleasant sight

Offline jjsaul

Attack Member
    • Leeds, West Yorks
sartorial elegance
« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2007, 23:19:16 »
usually jeans or combats and a tshirt, and a hoody (LR one) if its cold/wet. if its torrential rain i will put a waterproof on.
usually keep a hi vis in the car for emergencies / if i stop on the side of the road somewhere etc etc.
always wearing boots, either walking boots most of the time (they're comfortable!) or when im offroading i always wear steel toe safety boots after once dropping a hi lift on my foot  :shock:
James

...lovin dirty days out...

1983 OneTen V8 Station Wagon 3.5 (LPG)
1972 Range Rover V8
1992 Range Rover 4.6 (LPG)
1978 Range Rover Carmichael Commando 6x4
1972 Range Rover - Major project, FOR SALE
1976 Range Rover - Less of a project, FOR SALE
Previously: Range Rovers 1988, 1990 and others...
2005 Volvo V70 T5 SE (LPG) - daily driver

wrecker

sartorial elegance
« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2007, 13:22:14 »
when im offroading its combats,boots,t shirt,if its cold then 2 jumpers,

its always warmer and better to have layers that one big coat,

i also always carry a full set of stuff to change into in a water proof box so ive always got a nice clean dry set to change into :D

mark

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal