AuthorTopic: sammy starter  (Read 682 times)

Offline diddy

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
sammy starter
« on: July 23, 2007, 20:23:38 »
is there nething i can do to revive my starter moter on my sammy, got it quiet wet n now all it does is clikck, had it started 1nce since by braying it wi an hammer so i dont think iv done serious damage to it cheers

wrecker

sammy starter
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 20:51:55 »
hay mate,mine is a vit but i put thick greace on my starter,

i go offroad every weekend and always in water and never had any probs,

its been on there for 4 months

mark
 :D

Offline Evilgoat

Attack Member
sammy starter
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 21:24:01 »
The grease will help keep water out.

It'll also trap particulates and turn into grinding paste.

Take it off, get the heynes manual and strip and clean it, you may be lucky. A second hand one or a recon may also not be as expensive as you think.
I must confess the the activities of the UK governments for the past couple of years have been watched with frank admiration and amazement by Lord Vetinari. Outright theft as a policy had never occured to him.

-- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

EX HK Police Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD
Audi S2 Avant 360bhp
Transit LWB 2.5di (The Shed)

Offline generation-x

Attack Member
  • Mega-Fronty
    • church stretton
Re: sammy starter
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 21:29:24 »
Quote from: "diddy"
is there nething i can do to revive my starter moter on my sammy, got it quiet wet n now all it does is clikck, had it started 1nce since by braying it wi an hammer so i dont think iv done serious damage to it cheers

couple of things you can do go to difflock and search for clicky starter fix or drop onto fleabay and look throught the suzuki parts section

hope this helps

simon

Offline mudpluggers

Attack Member
sammy starter
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 22:04:44 »
hi mate. same thing on mine a couple of months ago,, found it to much hassle to keep striping it down for it only to last a couple of weeks  :(  but a jimny 1 from the scrappies for £15 was put on and it now starts on the button every time  :D 40 mins work and i have cleaned up the old one for a spare ...
H Reg (SU) Sami. 410 t case Rascal lift with rears up front, Snorkel & Breathers , Disks all round, roll cage & harnesses, 31" muds & HARIBO paint job (thats what happens when you let your boys 4&7 loose with the paint)

Offline baz2236

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
sammy starter
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 22:44:52 »
Hi mate I had a similar problem with my start I took it off and kept spraying WD in it and then tipping it back out. and managed to clean it out it lastest a few more trips out but then went again so i got my hands on ano. and now just keep it as a spare.
Thanks,
      Baz

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal