AuthorTopic: Deflex Polyurethane Bushes  (Read 2435 times)

Offline enak

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Deflex Polyurethane Bushes
« on: April 25, 2007, 22:01:21 »
I fitted a set of Deflex Polyurethane Bushes a short while ago... Don't use these!

The left radius arm bush failed causing excessive tyre wear.

A panhard bush has failed and now I have slop from axle to chassis.

The rear suspension cone bushes couldn't be fitted (Too big).

The other suspension bushes are poorly shaped and I removed them and refitted the rubber bushes (much better).

I now have a Polybush comfort set to fit... lets hope these are better.
1993 Range Rover LSE
4.2l v8 Petrol
145000 miles...

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 01:10:11 »
That's odd, I've fitted Deflex to 2 of our Range Rovers and I'm quite happy with the results.  I went to the trouble of changing the Panhard Rod on Blue just to check and after 18 months of frequent use there were no signs of any deterioration.

So, so you drive in harch conditions a lot, or have you perhaps been unlucky :?
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 01:11:49 »
I've just noticed, you have a 4.2 LSE don't you? then I wouldn't suggest anything other than standard metaliastic bushes for that anyway.  On that late a model they should be the twin core type, these are much stiffer.
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

Offline enak

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 11:51:45 »
Not harsh conditions by any means...

I can't refit standard bushes at the moment as I have neither another car to use or my own press... The Polyurethane bushes just push in, so it's something I can fit.

Considering the OEM bushes had been on there some time and the Deflex were offering superior ride and handling, I am disappointed I even bothered trying them...
1993 Range Rover LSE
4.2l v8 Petrol
145000 miles...

Offline jjsaul

Attack Member
    • Leeds, West Yorks
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 23:31:20 »
i bought some for mine (last summer!) but havnt got round to fitting them yet   :roll:
James

...lovin dirty days out...

1983 OneTen V8 Station Wagon 3.5 (LPG)
1972 Range Rover V8
1992 Range Rover 4.6 (LPG)
1978 Range Rover Carmichael Commando 6x4
1972 Range Rover - Major project, FOR SALE
1976 Range Rover - Less of a project, FOR SALE
Previously: Range Rovers 1988, 1990 and others...
2005 Volvo V70 T5 SE (LPG) - daily driver

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2007, 01:04:49 »
Some of mine are still in the drawer.  Thing is Plybushes are a popular upgrade but I don't think they work as well on EAS cars, somehow they don't seem to like it.  On Blue it's a differen matter, an overnight success.  Less body roll, better handling, less pulling/wander, everything they should be.

Offline buster uk

Attack Member
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2007, 17:46:21 »
I fitted a set to mine,but due to agressive offroading i destroyed the rear trailing arm to chassis mounts.Ive fitted some tougher ones now and they've been ok so far.
1994 Range Rover Classic 3.9 v8 vogue se

Offline DEANO3528

Attack Member
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2007, 19:41:51 »
I've not fitted or tried that make, but for offroading, I prefer to keep to the std rubber items with chassis to arm bushes. More give and cheaper to replace.
Just my preference though.
Cheers
DEANO

Offline davidlandy

Attack Member
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2007, 19:53:37 »
i have got orange (genuine)polybushes on my 90 - they have been on there for about 2 yrs and i am on my second set of front radius arm bushes and panhard rod.

...and i reckon they need doing again soon, you can feel the diff nose fall back into line after heavy braking and releasing the pedal.

I just wonder whether the ease of changing them makes them worthwhile over the lenght of time they last.

The old bearmach blue defelx bushes I had lasted longer , but that was without a 2" lift.
Dave
Sniff, sniff, this mud smells funny

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2007, 20:52:26 »
I'm going to change my rad arms back to ruber just to get them soft again, the front end is too stiff for off-road and I don't drive it all the time any more (I'm using the LSE too much though :roll: ).

Offline ukmudmaster

Attack Member
    • Billericay Essex
rrc
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2007, 20:04:11 »
Have orange polybushes on mine, told they were a year old whenI bought it, ( February), rear trailing arm bushes are shot! Steering goes off to the left when accelerating, and turns right when you back off.
Dave
Range Rover Classic EFI auto, 3.9 V8 Offroader, 300 Tdi Auto greenlaner.
axledeep@googlemail.com

Offline Jonny Boaterboy

Attack Member
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2007, 22:32:04 »
So it sounds like I should stick with genuine land rover replacement bushes! I was going to go for polybushes but by the sounds of what your all saying Genuine might be better?

Offline CJ

Attack Member
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2007, 14:34:16 »
Can i stick my oar in here,although i ve got to be very carful what i say due to my wk position...

Ive used my tuck for everyting from work to touring, trialling and challenge events.. My local supplier a few years ago supplied me with a set of De-flex (no called flo-flex as they went bust a little while ago)...

The de-flex bushes lasted for just under 2 month when they failed the MOT.. My supplier then suppled us with three more sets of varying hardness to try and amend this..  Unfortunatly they were c***... If you cut one in half you will see that they are full of air holes, so all in all not a good buy...

Next i tried the Bearmach bushes, which were a fair bit more expensive, these were excellent on the road and never had  anyproblems with them, but after a while we found that they were too hard to work with our suspesion system, so in the end we went for classic 'genuine' polybushes, which have been on the vehicle for a year and been excellent...

So all in all if you can afford proper Polybush go for that, if not get the B'mach ones..  In the end you get what you pay for i spose   :wink:
be warned the curley haired one is here !

www.lrbreakers.com

Offline kjj0506

Attack Member
Bushing Debate
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2007, 02:29:08 »
I am wondering if there are certain areas of the chassis that will respond better to the durometer of a particular bushing. For instance, a softer bushing ( OE LR ) on the arms and a poly for the panhard? Just for example and sake of speculation. I am fitting 95 Sway bars with disconnects to my 90. I will use firmer bushes for them so when on road and hooked up it will be better to drive. Yet I am using factory bushes on the arm/chassis points for flex when disconnected. I may find that I screw everything up but I am going to Try to dial it in this way ..and see what happens .
Ken
1990 RRC in constant flux
95 4.2 , Carter Fuel Pump , Powermaster 130 Amp Alt. , 2" OME Springs , Pro Comp ES9000HD's , 1.25" Spacers , Zirgo Elec Fan ( no more clutch fan ) , Remote Start , Aux Ligts , 110 A/C , Nice Stereo , Custom Bumper , Mostly New Bushings

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2007, 12:59:57 »
That's effectively what I'm doing as and when the weather permits.  Rubber is better at the top of the Radius arms and rear links if you want lots of articulation, as ire the original ninety radius arm to axle bushes as these are softer than the EFi spec ones, so I'm going back to rubber on the rad arms but keeping poly on the back end and the panhard rod so I get good handling.

Offline fezzy192

Attack Member
  • THERES NOTHING BETTER IN LIFE THAN THE GREEN OVAL
    • birmingham
poly bushes
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2007, 16:04:33 »
i have these all over my disco and am doing my range soon very easy

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal