AuthorTopic: TD5 POWER DELIVERY???  (Read 5834 times)

Offline MZ6666

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
TD5 POWER DELIVERY???
« on: November 28, 2004, 18:00:55 »
QUESTION :
            ARE ALL TD5's GUTLESS BELOW 2-2500rpm ?
WE'VE JUST HAD A DEMO LANDMARK '54 PLATE FOR THE WEEKEND AND WERE APPALLED AT FLAT IT WAS.

"ACE" WAS SMART THOUGH........WOT BODY ROLL!!
 BUT THE RIDE WAS HARSH.

STILL SAVED ME SPENDING THAT £27,000 LOOSE CHANGE, THAT WAS RATTLING ROUND MY POCKET  :shock:           :wink:
'DONK' =1993 200 Tdi BEAST- 2"ish BRITPART/PRO-COMP LIFT,MODULARS/BFG MUDS ,K&N FILTER,HUGE INTERCOOLER,SNORKEL/+BREATHERS,MILEMAKER HYDRAULIC WINCH ON A DISCOPARTS BUMPER,STEERING/TANK/DIFF GUARDS,MIDLAND 98 CB,FRONT/REAR ENDS a'lA MAD MAX
'BURBLE' - 1995 DISCOVERY 3.9 V8 ES LPG
3" PRO COMP, 265/75's BF GOODRICH,TDS GOLDFISH WINCH,WINCH BUMPER, TANK/ DIFF  GUARDS, FLEXI ARCHES,CHERRY BOMB!! more to come !!   
'BERTA' - 1995 DISCO 300tdi ES - standard, My Wife's
'VRUM' - SUZUKI 1200 BANDIT -modded ;-)

Offline drum

Attack Member
TD5 POWER DELIVERY???
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2004, 18:08:54 »
Unless you get them chipped yes. Mine (in a defender 110) is waiting to be chipped, but you still get a marked increase in power even when they have been chipped.

Personally I like it, as you can pootle along with no urgency, and much better fuel consumption. Then when the mood takes you, or when that BMW has just cut you up, you can boot it and scare the BMW driver [!Expletive Deleted!]  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

Offline muddyweb

Attack Member
TD5 POWER DELIVERY???
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2004, 18:09:24 »
I thought that when I first got mine... I think the issue is not so much that they are gutless, but the difference between low and high revs is quite noticeable.  

You get used to it after a short time, and as with any vehicle 'learn' how to drive it.
Tim Burt
Muddyweb
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.muddyweb.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline DIE BOK

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
    • Hinckley, Leicestershire
TD5 POWER DELIVERY???
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2004, 19:49:11 »
Mine too.... Td5's they are just like a Porsche not much fun in low revs, :cry:  but keep it in the power band and wow does it fly :D
Steve
The Springbok (DIE BOK)

Offline LOFTY

Attack Member
TD5 POWER DELIVERY???
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2004, 20:07:36 »
My 130 has chip and intercooler, and will pull away from 30mph in 5th gear, there is no turbo lag at all it seems, and since removing the centre exhaust box, its even better, and has stopped the kangarooing when pulling away, and slow speed moving.
I hate electronics, and always said i wouldnt touch one with a barge poll, but hell its the future, and you cant stop progress. :wink:
85% OF ALL LAND ROVERS BUILT, ARE STILL ON THE ROAD,
THE OTHER 15% MADE IT HOME ;)

Offline drum

Attack Member
TD5 POWER DELIVERY???
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2004, 20:15:12 »
Quote from: "LOFTY"
My 130 has chip and intercooler, and will pull away from 30mph in 5th gear, there is no turbo lag at all it seems,

Which chip and intercooler are you using? Any idea how much power it's generating?

Quote from: "LOFTY"
and since removing the centre exhaust box, its even better, and has stopped the kangarooing when pulling away, and slow speed moving.

How much difference to the exhaust noise does that make, when I looked at doing this, I was told it was like having a wasp sat on your sholder all day.

Offline beast5680

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
    • hailsham east sussex
TD5 POWER DELIVERY???
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2004, 20:15:16 »
i dont think the guy at the pay and play day today in his shiny td5 was worried about power delivery as he was towed out of a hole by a(god i hate saying it) a suzuki sj after he got completly buried
Neal

let him that hath understanding reckon the number of the beast

He, who laughs last, laughs best. He who laughs at Chuck Norris dies.

Offline LOFTY

Attack Member
TD5 POWER DELIVERY???
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2004, 20:23:32 »
Its a J Fearn chip and intercooler, was in the vehicle when a bought it, on paper they say 190 bhp, considering my 130 weighs over 2500kg, the speed it will go, iwould say 190 isnt a bad figure.
And when you remove the centre box, yes it does drum when accelerating, but i will be modifying the back end to stop that, not sure how, but i will somehow. :P

Offline drum

Attack Member
TD5 POWER DELIVERY???
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2004, 20:31:13 »
Everytime I hear about Jeremy Fearn, I hear good things, I think it is the route I will be taking.

When you say it drums when you accelerate, what exactly do you mean? Is it intrusive, or persitently annoying, or does it just sound different?

Offline LOFTY

Attack Member
TD5 POWER DELIVERY???
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2004, 22:07:20 »
Well, mine is a 130 CSW, so its a bit of a sound box anyway, it does make it noisyer as you have your foot down accelerating, but cruising on  the motorway, it seems no differant than standard.
I will try with a larger outlet to change pitch of sound.
Simon Bucks 110 DC, has no centre box, and his sounds great, and he drove it to Spain and back. :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal