AuthorTopic: Bullbar fitting  (Read 946 times)

Offline Evilgoat

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Bullbar fitting
« on: April 18, 2007, 16:34:22 »
As Promised :)

The Suzuki OEM bullbars have 4 parts, the bars themselves, a heavy mounting plate to go under the front clamped cross member and 2 U shaped brackets to go over the cross member.

First bit of fun, take the stupid plastic caps off the suspention bolts at the front, assuming they havent been mullered to the point they fell off already :)

The U-Brackets sit over the tubular cross member just behind the bumper.

These bolt through the large metal plate that the bullbar bolts on to. I seem to recall I may have used M10 bolts (17mm head) and nylocks. You may need a bit of packing under there, thin strips of rubber would be ideal as mine moves a bit more than I like. The plate should sit with the sides against the outside of the chassis rails where you can get an M8 bolt through the top corner into a thread in the rails. Have never had mine line up enough for these to go in. Its a good interference fit though and has never moved without them.

Now the bullbars bolt onto the plate, use nice, thick sturdy bolts, preferably stainless, anti vibration washers and nylocks. Do it up goos and tight too. The bullbar should sit about 5mm off the bumper where the verticals pass over the front of the bumper. Think I used M10s again, maybe M12s (17mm head).

It should all look like this in the end:

Hope this helps.
I must confess the the activities of the UK governments for the past couple of years have been watched with frank admiration and amazement by Lord Vetinari. Outright theft as a policy had never occured to him.

-- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

EX HK Police Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD
Audi S2 Avant 360bhp
Transit LWB 2.5di (The Shed)

Offline kuli1985

Attack Member
Bullbar fitting
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 19:58:52 »
Thats great thanks...the only down side is the fact that the guy who i was buying the bar from on eblag will not sell me it due to some excuse he is blatently making up! even though i "won" the auction.
Kuli
Yorkshire Born and Bred

Offline Evilgoat

Attack Member
Bullbar fitting
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 09:33:09 »
Quote from: "kuli1985"
Thats great thanks...the only down side is the fact that the guy who i was buying the bar from on eblag will not sell me it due to some excuse he is blatently making up! even though i "won" the auction.

Cut your losses, makes ure you give eachother good feedback and look about. I think Gen-X had a set so PM him and ask, if not He'll know where to get some.
I must confess the the activities of the UK governments for the past couple of years have been watched with frank admiration and amazement by Lord Vetinari. Outright theft as a policy had never occured to him.

-- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

EX HK Police Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD
Audi S2 Avant 360bhp
Transit LWB 2.5di (The Shed)

Offline kuli1985

Attack Member
Bullbar fitting
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2007, 17:49:53 »
At last ive found a bull bar for my vitara and ive got it fitted...pics to follow.  Thanks for the info on fitting!!
Kuli
Yorkshire Born and Bred

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal