AuthorTopic: Colourtune  (Read 718 times)

Offline mudpluggers

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Colourtune
« on: April 11, 2007, 18:49:42 »
anyone going to Runhall on the 22nd who has any knowledge about su carbs? mine is finally on  :D  :D and running  very rich   :( been trying to get a colourtune localy to set it up right but none around only to order   :o so i thought i'd see if anyone going could help out...
H Reg (SU) Sami. 410 t case Rascal lift with rears up front, Snorkel & Breathers , Disks all round, roll cage & harnesses, 31" muds & HARIBO paint job (thats what happens when you let your boys 4&7 loose with the paint)

Offline Whatmot

Attack Member
  • Come Alive, Come and Drive!
Colourtune
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 19:40:17 »
try ebay, loads on there. (hopefully) when i get a vit, ill fit my su to it so im going to try a colourtune or something aswell. let me know how it goes
Tom aka Whatmot

Seen the Pyrenees and briefly saw Norway; Loved it so much, we are going again next year!

'98 Ford Maverick
Cooper S/T's, Midland CB, Electric Cooling Fans, Disconnecting Anti- Roll Bars and a SS Exhaust

Offline V8MoneyPit

Attack Member
Colourtune
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 17:44:00 »
Hi Mate

Thought we had better transfer the discussion here rather!

Is the carb flooding fuel from the overflow? If so, the float needle is worn and needs replacing. Or the float is split and isn't.... err..... floating  :lol:

I assume you have played with the mixture adjustment screw? Can you get it to change the mixture at all? If not, it may not be engaged properly in the jet lever inside.

And you have oil in the dashpot? As I said on the other thread, I use ATF rather than engine oil.

What air filter are you using?

I'll try to remember to bring my colourtune on the 22nd and we can have a play. Should I bring some SU spares with me too? Just in case you need any? We do parts for Mini's so I carry float needles, gaskets, etc.  :D
Rgds
Steve

"Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real."

Land Rover build:
www.daisythediesel.com

Photos (my other passion and weakness):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/v8moneypit/

Offline mudpluggers

Attack Member
Colourtune
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 23:52:31 »
k & N cone Filter on top of the snorkel no nothing from the overflow dash pot full of 3 in 1  :oops: thought that was the right thing to use... and cant tell if adjustment screw is doing anything or not if you could bring a colour tune that would be great :D  :D  .... i ake a mean bacon butty on the hexy stove :lol:
H Reg (SU) Sami. 410 t case Rascal lift with rears up front, Snorkel & Breathers , Disks all round, roll cage & harnesses, 31" muds & HARIBO paint job (thats what happens when you let your boys 4&7 loose with the paint)

Offline V8MoneyPit

Attack Member
Colourtune
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 09:48:02 »
Quote from: "mudpluggers"
dash pot full of 3 in 1  :oops: thought that was the right thing to use...

3 in 1 is fine. All the Mini racers tend to use ATF so I thought I'd try it. I've been using it ever since.
Rgds
Steve

"Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real."

Land Rover build:
www.daisythediesel.com

Photos (my other passion and weakness):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/v8moneypit/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal