AuthorTopic: electric mirrors  (Read 656 times)

Offline ian,s zuki

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
electric mirrors
« on: February 04, 2007, 19:53:37 »
hi all

just woundering if anybody has a wiring diagram for the electric mirrors on a jimny as the left handside 1 dose not seem to be working and i have checked all the usual suspects

cheers

Offline Evilgoat

Attack Member
electric mirrors
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 09:02:22 »
Strip the switch  down and clean it, Had to do this on Rabbits. They are possibly the worst design I have ever seen :)
I must confess the the activities of the UK governments for the past couple of years have been watched with frank admiration and amazement by Lord Vetinari. Outright theft as a policy had never occured to him.

-- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

EX HK Police Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD
Audi S2 Avant 360bhp
Transit LWB 2.5di (The Shed)

Offline ian,s zuki

Attack Member
electric mirrors
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 17:18:15 »
cheers will try that
  ian

Offline Evilgoat

Attack Member
electric mirrors
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 10:16:06 »
Mine would go up and left but not right or down. Take the switch out, go someplace clean, IE indoors, preferably on a surface you'll find something it it all springs apart. Theres four little 'tabs' that clip the pcb on. Gently seperate these and pull the back off. Inside you'll find a rubber membrane, check the pads on the middle of each 'nipple' are still black and evenly covered. Give them a quick wipe off with something clean like a sheet of A4, theyt will leave a black mark so only a quick wipe to get surface grime off. If you scrub them you'll remove the carbon and render it useless.

Wash the contacts on the board with Isopropyl alcohol, surgical spirit or possibly D4x4 cider if you are really desperate ;) Make sure all is try and reassemble.

The clips do break quite easy, nine has a ring of silicone sealnt holding it together for this reason :)
I MIGHT even have a spare in the garage.
I must confess the the activities of the UK governments for the past couple of years have been watched with frank admiration and amazement by Lord Vetinari. Outright theft as a policy had never occured to him.

-- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

EX HK Police Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD
Audi S2 Avant 360bhp
Transit LWB 2.5di (The Shed)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal